return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Chillout = Flame Wars. Swamper ?
View this Thread in Original format
Wicked Neo

The Chill Out section seems to have sunk back to its previous low,
every other thread seems to be about fighting with each other, or deteriorates into a lynch mob.

We have regulars fighting with regulars cos of the odd one or two idiots that spam the forums.
we have others trying to keep the peace but then becoming involved cos their good intentions are misread as yet another flame.

we have ppl leaving cos of the flame wars, we got ppl taking every flame as a personal attack and then making threads in alter egos seeking reassurance.

Chill out is becoming Lamers Hang Out Zone !

Useless threads are again at an all time high

Where is Lynx & Henkie Henk ?

Tu_Face is here and does a good job but he cant be here all the time and the lamers are ruining an otherwise great forum.

As much as I like Lynx i think he needs to be replaced as a moderator simply cos he is never here anymore and we do need to gain control in the forums again.

I therefore propose a new moderator for chill out.

U guys ought to post who u think is best for the Job, dont base it on number of posts alone, but ppl u think are going to stay here a while and do the job, ppl u think are mature enough not to close a thread down cos of one bad post.
u should base your choice on ppl u think make a reasonable contribution to these forums and not just spam to up their post counts.

make a list of possible candidates then vote on them
Then ask Swamper for the winner to be made a Mod.

So to start the list i will make 2 proposals for a new mod for chill Out.

#1: Miss Proxi . . she seems to have a sensible attitude and has common sense, she is on here a good deal of time too and i dont think she will dissapear for a while.

#2: Myself :) for the same reasons as i gave for Miss Proxi. I spend a lot of time here and am usually quite sensible

your candidates and opinons are welcome :)

Peace :)
Miss Proximus
I'm flattered Neo....and I think it's a good idea...I am also a big fan of Lynx..but someone needs to take his place (maybe 'till he's back..maybe longer...).and as for Henkie...he's in Spain right now :)
cdn_trance_boy
About time some one stopped just complaining and proposed a solution. ( i just wished i had though of it first damn your good)..as for voting I haven't been on long enough to know either of ya so.............I'll abstain but I think it is a great idea cause no one can be here all the time though at times it seems like some of ya are.............:D

Cheers:cool:
cdn_trance_boy
If someone could go and get rid of all these useless flaming threads and keep the relavent ones.I think that would be a good idea don't want all the new T.A's to think were all just a bunch of animals now do we.......;)
verminator
nice that someone actually cares here ;)

as for the mods, i can live with Wicked Neo or Miss Proximus as mods

they\you both spend lots of time at this forum, and you both are sensible (as said by Neo)

i dont really care about who is becoming a mod, as long its a regular and that the person\persons can use some time here and clean up the ¤!"#"!% mess here.
im tired of all the mess that's here in the chill out zone..

its chill out zone
not fighting zone or arguing zone

i dont say that you cant disagree, but there is a line for where you have to stop
and now lots of ppl have crossed that line (which is very sad)

i think that was all i had on my mind for now
hope everyone understand what i mean, and what i want

PLUR to all of you ;)

GreetZ!
QuickStep
I agree Neo we definitely need another mod here. Just even to keep a more continual vigilance.

Last nights flame A-bomb, could not be helped though. It was at 4:00AM here in the east coast. It would of save alot of headaches if it was stopped early. I hope we find a IP address blocked or locater, that would solve alot of problems too. We all say ignore these people, but we still reply and start posts. We need to take it further and block them off.

I would like to see Neo and Miss Proximus also, and nominate Blik or JayD. You guys all shown to have cool heads in crazy threads. That's what's makes a good mod. Keep cool and smart.

Don't worry guys, we are not going to lose our community
P L U R

Payce
Spad
Yeah I'd vote for either of you two (maybe Proxi more, only coz I see her in the chillout room more). I think whoever gets the job also needs to make it clear that people who reply (i.e. flame back) are going to get in just as much trouble as those starting the problem in the beginning.

We're all intelligent enough to realise when certain people are usuing alternative aliases or whatever, and don't need 7-8 people fuelling the fire saying "I know it's you you f*****g piece of l*****s s**t w********teacup" in a font so big it uses up 7 pages per sentance.

The old addage is true. Ignore these people, allow the moderaters to remove their posts/threads without a big fuss, and they'll go away.
AndiH
I posted about the same topic in the site suggestion forum a while back...lynx aint here (where is he btw?) and tuface can't be here all the time so we need some more mods. I propose that wicked red should take care of chill out cause 98% of her posts are quality. we got some more quality posters here (neo, trinity, djdawn, skywarp...) so I think we'll find a good solution...
Eugene
How about, we all get a life and stop wasting our time on the 'net? Our youth is passing us by...
Now if I could only stop being so addicted to this site and coming here everyday... :rolleyes: :eek:
Prodigy
quote:
Originally posted by Eugene
How about, we all get a life and stop wasting our time on the 'net? Our youth is passing us by...
Now if I could only stop being so addicted to this site and coming here everyday... :rolleyes: :eek:

Same here.............ok dude I start visitin' this place only once a day how about that?

Miss Proximus
I don't feel that I'm wasting my life @ this Forum
Eugene
quote:
Originally posted by Prodigy

Same here.............ok dude I start visitin' this place only once a day how about that?

hehe, that's progress!
But still not good enough :(
Let's just take it slow and gradual.

To Proximus: there's nothing wrong with this site, in fact it's very good, it's just the fact that we spend so much time here. Many of us, at least.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement