return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Nice and Easy
View this Thread in Original format
Blue.
I want to set up an FTP server for trance music on my computer.

I have BulletProof FTP v2.1.5 and a Netgear RP614 router.

How do I do it?

I know I have to foreward ports and I tried forwarding port 21 and also other ports that BP said it would need in the settings but it did nothing.

When other people try and connect it stays at "waiting for welcome message" but it doesn't show any activity in the FTP server like it usually does when someone attempts connection (by usually I mean when I didn't have a router).

Any help is appreciated.
Blue.
The Netgear site says something about specifying a Default DMZ Server, it's an easy setting to change, will this solve my problem or is there a better way?
DJ Nuclear
quote:
Originally posted by trance_n_dance
The Netgear site says something about specifying a Default DMZ Server, it's an easy setting to change, will this solve my problem or is there a better way?

Yes, set the computer you want to be the server as a DMZ so everyone on the internet can freely molest your computer.

Actually, all you need to do is forward the port you want the server to run on from the router to your computer.
Blue.
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Nuclear
Yes, set the computer you want to be the server as a DMZ so everyone on the internet can freely molest your computer.

Actually, all you need to do is forward the port you want the server to run on from the router to your computer.

I know that it makes it less secure btu I can't see what else I can do really, I could allways just enable my XP firewall and just changed the settings to allow the FTP to work.

I forewarded port 21 along with the other ports it said it would need.

Maybe I forewarded it to the wrong address? My router IP is 192.168.0.1 (what i log into it with) and the FTP is using 192.168.0.3 and i foreward it to the .03 one, should I foreward it to my REAL IP or what?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement