return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

IT Software/Hardware peeps help needed.
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Lac
Alright.. I had my burning working last week but now its ting on me and I don't understand why its not burning.. so I took a screen shot and this is what it gave me. It did the same for nero and the other burning programs.

Warez Guy
Whats mode select error? did you change something recently?

Try reinstalling your program that you're using to burn your cd's. Or reinstall the burner and update the drivers and see if that works.
igottaknow
CDR often stop working after 3 yrs or need cleaning. Could also be that your trying to burn software that has copy protection that is sending an error to burner. So try burning plain data. Also set it to burn lower speed, high chance of errors at high speed.
o0moonman0o
check ur transfer mode for the ide ur burner is on.. do it through controlpanel, system, hardware, device manager, ide ata controllers.
CynepMeH
Switch to Nero 6 :rolleyes:
DJ Lac
quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Switch to Nero 6 :rolleyes:

like I said I tried nero :) and other burning softwares

and no I havne't changed anything on my cd drive.. I haven't burn int a while too.. well I hardly been burning.. I've had it for a couple of months now.

Hrmm I probably got a virus or something.. windows xp has been acting up lately and losing registration info.

but thanks for the input much appreciated
DJ Lac
quote:
Originally posted by o0moonman0o
check ur transfer mode for the ide ur burner is on.. do it through controlpanel, system, hardware, device manager, ide ata controllers.

Primary channel

current transfer mode is at Ultra DMA 5 - Ultra100

and its at bios default

writeable cache is on

Secondary channel

Ultra DMA 2 - Ultra33 Bios default
DJ Lac
I recently upgraded the nforce drivers.. ya think thats the problem?

I remember it was installing then it made my computer go poof and then it wouldn't load windows. tried it for 30 minutes.. then it came back on.
andy
try changing the mode option there should be "mode 1" and "mode 2"
yujie__
maybe u shouldnt buy 100 cdr for $10 anymore. really really cheap cdr sucks. i have a liteon abd burn many many times on TY and cmc cdrs.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement