return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
e-bay
View this Thread in Original format
dukes
what are everyones experiances of e-bay? is it safe/secure/reliable/trustable for obtaining records?

i just made my first (of hopefully many) record purchases from there and am also unsure if i paid in the correct way. i assume u just select "pay" on the won items then fill in your details and its done am i right? plus how do you know when they have sent the item?
Orko
well ive been on it for about a month now, and i have got bought 5 things so far, and one of them didnt work when i got it.

i bought 4 cds, and 1 super nintendo game, the game didnt work. im not too mad, as it wasnt too much.

you have to look at peoples feedback to see if they are trustable. most people are.

you only know if they have sent it, if they tell you. ebay does not tell you.

edit: just got two more cds in mint condition:)
benoitfan
yeh checking the feedback is the most important thing you should do. I've ordered plenty of records and even some t-shirts etc, no problem :)
TranceMuzik02
Its highly addictive, thats why I don't use it anymore because I want all those nice records but just can't afford them
moondog
i use it all the time, for records and other stuff, like the others say, make sure you check peoples feedback, and keep in touch wioth them throughout the transaction:)
Djs-storm
I have used it a lot. Only had one problem with a transaction, but I reported the situation, and Ebay helped me get in touch with the seller to resolve it, which I did. Like everyone here says though, just check the feedback. Even if you see some negatives for people, check to see what the problem was, many people post negative feedback for things the seller had no control over so it wasn't their fault :cool:
Digital Aura
Its basically the only way I have of getting LEGAl trance tuneage...
Like mentioned above...its very addictive. Heck, I started selling some old Nintendo gear and gameboy stuff...MADE A MINT!!! I was so impressed that I started looking for other stuff to hock!!!
Next thing ya know, Im a junkie!! Anyone wanna buy my PC GAMER magazines? How bout my WarHammer figures!!! w00t!
CANT ....STOP... EBAYYYY ..NOoO BADDDDD!!!:tongue3

Lookie here!!! I SELL A LOT OF THESE ON EBAY!!! LOL
torontotrance
I've bought 3 things from ebay in almost a year

gu007
gu008 (new)
Nubreed 5 for 4.34 USD (sealed and new).
waxHead
I vote strongly for eBay, just be careful who you buy from. check feedback ratings and see that the seller hasn't recently gotten lots of negative feedback. overall, it's a great place to get records if you make sure you don't win the auction for more than you want to spend! ;)
Spartan
An EBAY tip: spell things wrong in the search key. I accidentaly spelt Verizon, "Verison" when I first typed it in, and I got all these idiots who had posted their cell phones for sale under the wrong spelling. Ofcourse none of their stuff was being bid on b/c it wasn't coming up in the searches, and I was able to get a really good deal. :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

dukes
so whats a good rating? 70 votes at 100% would that class as good or borderline?
Djs-storm
quote:
Originally posted by dukes
so whats a good rating? 70 votes at 100% would that class as good or borderline?

It depends, take a look at the negative feedback to see why they got it. Also see if the negatives all happened at the same time or if they are spread out. Based on how that looks to you, you should be able to tell if those people are justified in their rating. Sometimes people rate negative because the shipment took too long which is not really their fault, or because they misread the product information and didn't get what they wanted, again not the seller's fault.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement