return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

3 setups,your opinion!
View this Thread in Original format
Digit@ll
Hello People,

Iam listen to a state of trance at the moment mark norman is peforming:gsmile:

But my real question is; I saved a lot of money and i finally want to buy a nice setup. I have got 2 setups in my mind. Dont hastle to give your own opinion or perspective about my choice.I can learn from your tips and info.

Setup1
- Apple g4/g5
- Digidesign Digi 002r
- Mackie Control.
(future logic express)

Setup2
- Apple g4,powerbook,g5
- Digidesign Digi 002
(future logic express)
Setup3.(your choice)

Can someone give me tips or sugestions,what should do it. I dont want a big setup,but i like it small with good quality.

Tips and sugestions are more then welcome.

Thanks a lot!
Greets From the Netherlands.
Subtle
This is what I would have bought:

G5 Powermac
Cubase SX 2.01 (with ProTools)
Steinberg Houston
Edirol PCR-80 MIDI Controller
2x 17" Flatscreen

;)
alanzo
everything sounds good except for the apple... I wouldn't get an apple.. they suck

even though I'm typing this on an apple right now... but it's not mine!! It's the school's :D

apples were good 10 years ago when they were more stable and faster then PCs.. but now PCs have cought up in both and the apple isn't compatable with 90% of software..

the only reason why studios use them is out of habbit from when they were better then PCs
hey cheggy
quote:
Originally posted by Subtle
This is what I would have bought:

G5 Powermac
Cubase SX 2.01 (with ProTools)
Steinberg Houston
Edirol PCR-80 MIDI Controller
2x 17" Flatscreen

;)

I wouldn't get the Houston Controller. Piece of e.

If you're going a mac, go for logic, mackie/logic controller (if you really need a DAW controller). Generic midi keyboard (edirol, evolution, etc). MOTU sound card, some tastey VSTi stuff, a pair of active near field monitors.
Digit@ll
Mac is more stable,i hear different people who works on pc but i finaly sucks because there always something.thats why i descided to go for apple.

But i think ptle and logic is a perfect match. Both more for the apple comp. And you can do midi with logic and audio in ptle. And the mackie controller match perfect with both worlds so isnt this a perfect match from both worlds???
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement