return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Turntable wont spin
View this Thread in Original format
packfan88c
Hey everyone,
I just got tables, finally. They're Stanton STR8-80's, and I got them off Ebay. I set everything up and ready, put a record on table 1 and it worked fine. I then tried putting it on table 2, and it started to spin for a second, then stopped. I wound the platter back and tried to see if it just got stuck that once, and it started again, then stopped. So I swtiched platters to see if that was the problem, but no. I twisted just the middle part to see what happened and bingo, it goes part of the way, but then gets caught or something and doesnt move unless some force is used to push it through. What'd the problem? And if it can be fixed (hopefully), whats the cost, or do I have to buy another table??? Thanx everyone!
davidderail
prob. just needs to have a motor or belt replaced.
Prodigy Child
this might sound stupid since it was probably bought in the same country, but does it have a volt switch, if so check to se if its set on 240v, if so switch it back to 110v.
Floorfiller
plug it in...
dukes
quote:
Originally posted by Floorfiller
plug it in...

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue: :stongue:
veezee
quote:
Originally posted by packfan88c
Hey everyone,
I just got tables, finally. They're Stanton STR8-80's, and I got them off Ebay. I set everything up and ready, put a record on table 1 and it worked fine. I then tried putting it on table 2, and it started to spin for a second, then stopped. I wound the platter back and tried to see if it just got stuck that once, and it started again, then stopped. So I swtiched platters to see if that was the problem, but no. I twisted just the middle part to see what happened and bingo, it goes part of the way, but then gets caught or something and doesnt move unless some force is used to push it through. What'd the problem? And if it can be fixed (hopefully), whats the cost, or do I have to buy another table??? Thanx everyone!

if you bought them off of ebay, you can file a fraud complaint (assuming the seller was selling in working condition) .. get your money back.. i am sure it will be pricey, if it is the motor or something..
Luke Terry
quote:
Originally posted by Prodigy Child
this might sound stupid since it was probably bought in the same country, but does it have a volt switch, if so check to se if its set on 240v, if so switch it back to 110v.

that's what i would guess it to be or a dodgy motor/magnets. give stanton customer service a call
wilhelm_t
BUMPED!
DJ_Ikronix
You know, as soon as I saw the topic title, my first thought was, "He's using Stanton STR < 100."

They're belt driven.

Lift off the platter, grab the belt, and hook it around the motor.
bluastigma
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ikronix
You know, as soon as I saw the topic title, my first thought was, "He's using Stanton STR < 100."

They're belt driven.

Lift off the platter, grab the belt, and hook it around the motor.

my friend has one and theyre direct...

packfan88c
I've done enough research to know NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER to buy belt-driven. We seriously should just post a topic in every forum say 'Don't buy belt driven TT's under any circumstance, even if they're $1.'
Floorfiller
quote:
Originally posted by packfan88c
I've done enough research to know NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER to buy belt-driven. We seriously should just post a topic in every forum say 'Don't buy belt driven TT's under any circumstance, even if they're $1.'

well...i might buy one for a dollar hehehe...then sell it on ebay to some unsuspecting stupidhead muhahahaha...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement