return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Another cdj thread
View this Thread in Original format
Shudder
ok i am thinking of getting a cd deck something in the future. Preferably something around the price ranges of the Pioneer CDJ 100S and the American Audio PSX. I just need some recommendations and it would be best if you've used it or own it, not just say wahtever everyone else is saying.... :)

im still kinda fuzzy on which one to choose even by digging up past posts.

thanks
Shudder
nothing?
Koolaid
I used to work for Long & McQuade (Canadian Music & DJ store) in rentals....

I played around with both players and I would buy the PSX over the 100s.
They had more features and seemed more durable. Most of the Pioneers ended up in service for repairs...we had a stack of 100s 6 or 7 high needing repair! And as soon as 1 or 2 would get done, another couple would be in for repair.

The American Audio stuff seems pretty solid, I have owned a DCD-PRO400 for years without needing any repairs. (Can't say the same for 2 Denon's I had)

Good luck :)
The Don
My CDJ100 has been all around europe, lay in a cupbord under a railwaystation for months at a time. Had numerous beverages spilled on it. And used week in week out in the hottest most humid club I know of in the world.

Its still going strong after 4 years of perfect week in week out service..

It will be for sale soon too..

DOH!:D
Shudder
are the american audio cdjs cdr compatible??
Koolaid
I have played CDR's in the PSX with no troubles....
borron
My pair of CDJ100S had 2 owners before me, i used it for a year, then sold them for the same price i bought them. They were manufactured June 2000.

Pretty rock solid if you ask me. The store owner of a local dj store once told me that had sold dozens of CDJ100S in 3 years, and he only received one to repair - because the guy inserted a coin the cd slot.

It's a good player for the price, especially if you buy them second-hand.
razzi
quote:
Originally posted by borron
Pretty rock solid if you ask me. The store owner of a local dj store once told me that had sold dozens of CDJ100S in 3 years, and he only received one to repair - because the guy inserted a coin the cd slot.

smart guy:whip: :whip: :whip:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement