return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Michael Mayer / Superpitcher @ Smartbar -- What a night!!!
View this Thread in Original format
sti3
I didn't think it was possible to hear a better set than James Holden's within a month, but it happened. Michael Mayer and Superpitcher rocked me and a bunch of others at Smartbar this past Friday night. I encouraged folks to go to this but my encouragement was buried deep in another thread; as it happened, I didn't see any TAs there, but when Mayer played "The Difference It Makes" by the MFA, several people were singing along, so I knew there had to be _some_ people from the Holden/G&D show there.

It was like a more techno, less proggy Holden, but with the same sense of atmosphere, melody, and attention to sonic detail, and the great thing the crowd, who, like me, knew .001% of the tunes, was loving it! And the bass vibrating the floor tickled my feet through my shoes.

Tom, Nick, Squirrel, you would have loved this s__t. Ah well.

Did anyone go see Erlend Oye on Thursday?
ctprincess
Wanted to go, but after WMC and Sasha on Saturday thought I should take a night off.

Glad you had a good time.
RavenStar
Saw Michael Mayer and Reinhard Voight play here in the D several months back....that show was crazy!! Music was fantastic!

I even skipped out on going to Toronto to see Max Graham for that show! :eek:
dj2kTA
Thats such a good song, that MFA one, and I wouldve loved to go...but wmc was tough on me and I was recovering. Sounds like it was good time. Oh well :(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement