return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

regarding of JP8000 Roland
View this Thread in Original format
josh
I just got the Roland JP8000. Some stuff that I not sure on the syth was the UPPER LOWER. Wat does it do?
And what about the OCTAVE 1 2 3 4?

Appreciated. i read the manual but dun seem to understand well enuff. THANKS
:)

p.s does the 12/24 dB meant the loudness of the sound from the patches?
Tranc3
quote:
Originally posted by josh
I just got the Roland JP8000. Some stuff that I not sure on the syth was the UPPER LOWER. Wat does it do?
And what about the OCTAVE 1 2 3 4?

Appreciated. i read the manual but dun seem to understand well enuff. THANKS
:)

p.s does the 12/24 dB meant the loudness of the sound from the patches?

Well having never owned or used a jp80X0, this is a shot in the dark, but here goes...

No idea on the upper lower.

Octave settings...would correspond to which octave the synthesized sounds would be output. So if you have it set to 1, it outputs a note on/1 octave higher. Well...hmm. Come to think of it, keyboards are voltage controlled, or at least the analog ones are. 1 volt equals, say, 2 octaves below middle C, 2 volts is 1 octave below, etc... So not quite sure how it would work on the 80X0. But if it works like the analog synths of yesteryear, it's like this: say you play middle C. Middle C comes out. Say you set the octave setting to one below. Now C below middle C comes out. Same thing for one above, 2 below, 2 above, etc...

12/24 - usually refers to the filter/eq settings. In a synth's case, it's most likely referring to the agressiveness of the LP/HP/BP filters you put on a sound.

Best advice I can give you: read the manual again, this time not while drunk :p
Design
Upper and lower indicates the parts, since in Performances you can either have split keyboard or play two parts simultaneously.

Octave 1 2 3 4 indicates how many octaves are played in your arrpegiated sequences. Just start the arppegiator, change these values while it's playing and you'll see.

12/24 is the steepnes of the filter slope. 24db filter sounds smoother than 12db when you're playing with the cutoff frequency.

Cheers
josh
Woot! Nice to u two. Thanks for the reply. Shall check out what i miss on my syth that i dunno. Of course. no drunk this time.:p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement