return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Project 5
View this Thread in Original format
FuzzyGreen
Anyone here use Project 5? It is made by Cakewalk and looks a lot like Reason and it's on sale here at GuitarCenter for $199. I'm really tempted, but I want to know if I'm better off just saving my money and getting an MS2000 or something.
dbl
if you do a search you will find threads about it... and then you can easily find info about it there.. and in the READ HERE BEFORE YOU POST thread..... and then it's just to ask there.

and i guess there is some demo out of it... so why don't you just try the demo
FuzzyGreen
Thanks for the info about the demo.

Oviously, I've already read the "read here before you post thread", which doesn't say much about Project 5, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this thread.
dbl
quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyGreen
Thanks for the info about the demo.

Oviously, I've already read the "read here before you post thread", which doesn't say much about Project 5, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this thread.

that's why i told you todo a search since there is threads about it already made by one that have it.
FuzzyGreen
Maybe you can link me some of the threads that cover it then, because I haven't been able to find anything usefull in my searches?

Oh you can't?

Oh well, thanks anyway for the demo info, I downloaded it and installed it while I was wasing my time with your other, useless replies.
EliPsE
Its pretty good i guess, also very new. I like the psyn synth alot. One thing that is good is you can use vsts with it, which makes it alot better if you have good vsts.The fx it has are decent. Its based on pattern seq kinda like fruity. Im still kinda new with it but i have made some quality stuff with it. Its pretty good for the price tho. I think you should try out the demo first tho. They have a proj5 forum and users have posted some of their songs. From what i've listened to everyones songs on their suck heh they dont know how to use the default synths.
Good luck;)
alanzo
quote:
Originally posted by dbl
if you do a search you will find threads about it... and then you can easily find info about it there.. and in the READ HERE BEFORE YOU POST thread..... and then it's just to ask there.

and i guess there is some demo out of it... so why don't you just try the demo

haha.. u seem to be pretty good at finding the threads that can be answered using that sticky :)
FuzzyGreen
Ok, I think I'm going to buy it. I played with the demo all day today and it's pretty darn powerfull. It's kinda like a more powerfull fruity loops, or Reason with the ability to use any VST/VSTI/DX plug ins. The softsynth it comes with is really good too (ok, not Vangaurd, but pretty good).

It sounds like I'm promoting it, but I'm not, it's just a good program for $199, not $469.
dbl
quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
haha.. u seem to be pretty good at finding the threads that can be answered using that sticky :)

not that hard really since pretty many of the threads can be answered by it.. hehe ;)
DJ-Fuq
quote:
It's kinda like a more powerfull fruity loops

It is?? how?

FuzzyGreen
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Fuq
It is?? how?

Here's how:

1. Take Fruity Loops and get rid of it's olive drab interface and replace it with a cubase/reason looking interface.

2. It works the same as fruity loops with a pattern/song interface, but you have both screens always infront of you and the pattern interface is always a piano roll view instead of 16th note buttons (yes I know they are changable in FL). The piano roll also has filter/event views that you can see in the background making it easy to see/change midi events/controllers.

3. You can assign 1 pattern to multiple devices (make one pattern and assign it to 10 different VSTi's if you want, no need to copy and paste to create synth layers).

4. the effects are easily routed, but I didn't explore this area enough, so far it doen't seem as good as FL in this regard, but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

5. It comes with a Reason style sampler and loop playback device.

6. The "PSYN" is a cool soft synth.

So, maybe not anything ground breaking, but I find it as a usefull addition to my FL/Reason/Sonar/Acid studio.
DJ-Fuq
quote:
Here's how:

1. Take Fruity Loops and get rid of it's olive drab interface and replace it with a cubase/reason looking interface.

U can dl a different skin, or make 1
quote:
2. It works the same as fruity loops with a pattern/song interface, but you have both screens always infront of you and the pattern interface is always a piano roll view instead of 16th note buttons (yes I know they are changable in FL). The piano roll also has filter/event views that you can see in the background making it easy to see/change midi events/controllers.

Same in fl, more or less.
quote:
3. You can assign 1 pattern to multiple devices (make one pattern and assign it to 10 different VSTi's if you want, no need to copy and paste to create synth layers).

Same in fl
quote:
4. the effects are easily routed, but I didn't explore this area enough, so far it doen't seem as good as FL in this regard, but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

5. It comes with a Reason style sampler and loop playback device.

6. The "PSYN" is a cool soft synth.

So, maybe not anything ground breaking, but I find it as a usefull addition to my FL/Reason/Sonar/Acid studio.

It probably hasnt got half the features fl does, since its fairly new. The thing with fl is that the majority of them arent immediately obvious (or are even well hidden, but theyre always easily accessible), so on first glance it obviously doesnt look as good as it is.
If i was u id read the manual, and learn how to use it properly before wasting money on something that doesnt seem to have any advantages over what u already have.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement