return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
why do they coat apples in wax?
View this Thread in Original format
butterfly
i mean, it's really kinda nasty, isn't it? why cant we eat apples that are not coated in wax? that doesnt even come off when you wash the apple...
Mosaic
because it makes the apple shiny

but seriously, you want to see something disgusting?? Check out the field cucumbers next time you are shopping. They put 10x more wax on them than apples
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Mosaic
because it makes the apple shiny

but seriously, you want to see something disgusting?? Check out the field cucumbers next time you are shopping. They put 10x more wax on them than apples

i peel my cucumbers before i eat them usually... but thanks.. i will be sure to buy organic cucumbers in the future.
Mosaic
pffffffft.... organics....
DigiNut
quote:
Originally posted by Mosaic
pffffffft.... organics....

Seriously, that stuff is mostly hype, and there's been almost no legitimate study done proving organic food to be in any way healthier than regular food.

So what if they put wax on the apples. It's edible, it meets FDA standards, it's not going to kill you. As long as you lay off the frozen pizza and McDonald's cheeseburgers, you'll be fine, there's no need to get obsessive about it.
dukes
i think if i remember my days working in produce the wax is to help presevre, look nice and prevent brusing. i think there is other reasons yoo but i cant remember. im trying to forget those awfull days!
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by dukes
i think if i remember my days working in produce the wax is to help presevre, look nice and prevent brusing. i think there is other reasons yoo but i cant remember. im trying to forget those awfull days!

yep.

i thought it had something to do with preventing them from committing online suicide, wait a sec im mixing that up with Aplz :haha:
Cal
quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
Seriously, that stuff is mostly hype, and there's been almost no legitimate study done proving organic food to be in any way healthier than regular food.

So what if they put wax on the apples. It's edible, it meets FDA standards, it's not going to kill you. As long as you lay off the frozen pizza and McDonald's cheeseburgers, you'll be fine, there's no need to get obsessive about it.

What a tool
DigiNut
quote:
Originally posted by Cal
What a tool

Really now, there's no need to follow me into other threads and call me names just because I don't respect the authority of your beloved Jebus.
occrider
quote:
Originally posted by DigiNut
Really now, there's no need to follow me into other threads and call me names just because I don't respect the authority of your beloved Jebus.

You're not cool until you've had at least one online stalker troll.

Cal
Dude I don't care about that.

Its the fact that you blindly follow FDAs regulations that bothers me. I mean, theres just so much bull they do, like that Bt New Leaf potato classification.

I mean, its a genetically modified potato with inscecticide in it. But under FDA regulations its not labeled as such. And WTF kind of game is that?
Mosaic
A thread about waxed apples turning into a flame war.

wow, now I've seen everything.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement