return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Canada - Western Canada

Ollie Jaye this Saturday (Vancouver)
View this Thread in Original format
Special_K
Well just though I would let everyone know that tidy trax's own Ollie Jaye will be spinning at a party called "Uh-Oh its twisted" This will be the fouth time I have seen this guy in the last year and a half, man he must love Vancouver by now. twice he has put on an amazing show of hardhouse and uplifting trance but the last time I saw him (new Years party @ the Plaza of nations) he sucked pretty hard (4 trainwrecks) so anyway im curious to see how he will play.
InsomnEac
sounds cool, wish i could go. i gotta bbq that i gotta got to:sadgreen:
jesten
I went there at 12:30 and had place reached capacity so we couldn't get in.:mad: But I could here some good tunes from outside.:p
apri_peel
aw, ty, thats why my friends and i always go to big parties like that early, if theres no one there you can always go to the bar and get drunk cause afterwards u'll be busy dancing =)
jesten
After I couldn't get in I went to an afterhours in Van for a few hours then went to DJ Jesse Hills' beach party, at Spanish Banks so the night wasn't a complete loss.:)
Special_K
Awwwww Ollie Jaye spun a great set. It was the perfect mix of epic trance and hardhouse. his mixing and track selection were impecable. When he dropped the track no one driving-playa sol
I just went nuts. It was such a good night, I actually got a chance to talk to Ollie on three diffrent occasions. This is how the first little talk with him went:

Kyle:Hey Ollie im Kyle its nice to meet you. Im really looking forward to your set tonight.
Ollie:Ya me to im sooo ing wasted.
Kyle:Hahaha its all good, the people here are so ed up that they wouldnt know a good mix if it hit them in the face.
Ollie:Hahahahah

I cant say that was all to professional but it was amusing. At the end of the set I got to ask him about some of his records. He said that No-one driving-Playa Sol was going to be released on 48k records today. It was pretty loud still but im pretty sure he say 48k.

Finally for all those interested in how much DJ's get payed he said that he was getting $1450 for an hour and a half set.

Anyway im going to post this in the music section as well.
InsomnEac
where was it anyway? was the rest of the night good? who else did sets?
cool you got to talk to him:p
Special_K
The party was being held at riverside. Aside from Ollie Jaye pretty much all the others were locals. DJ Poundz vs DJ Deception put on a pretty good show of deep trance, I think they are from LA. This was the first night I actually listend to Jay C's entire set, man hes a good DJ, hes really got his down. We left at 4:30 right after Ollie Jaye finished because Marty McFly came on and was spinning hiphop and 2 step, it was .
Morphalo
I agree, Jay C is a good DJ, he is playin some sweet tunes :)
he was spinning one night at Palladium, and man I was all over the place jumping like nuts
I didnt know anything about that party in riverside damn it :(
otherwise I would come for sure !
next time people inform earlier :(
jesten
Jay C is a great DJ and a great guy, I am glad I met up with him as he left Uh Oh or I just would have went home. We went to an afterhours were he spun a great set and then we went Jesse Hills' party. So he saved my night. Thanx Jay.

InsomnEac
is jay c from exert?
Special_K
I agree is is a really good guy, smart business man to. He is one of the owners of Exert. When I got my demo done hes one of the first that will see it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement