return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

reason question
View this Thread in Original format
Mr Rogers
gotta reason question....i'm not sure if this was asked previously, but i'll ask anyways.
Its kinda a stupid question but i don't know how to delete a portion of a bar. when ever i go to delete a fraction of a bar, the whole bar dissappers. and if i want to put in a certain chunk of a sample i can't, i can only put the begginning. i was wondering if there's some sort of option i can turn off to make me able to erase certain parts of the bar..not everything...thanx in advance.
No Left Turn
i think your problem is that you're doing the "copy pattern to track" option. which is kind of the way it's supposed to work, but it's not so great when you have to edit certain parts of midi. from my experience, when i "copy pattern to track" and i have to delete something, the whole section that i copied gets deleted.

so what i suggest is to just manually draw in your notes onto the sequencer and then just shift-copying everything else.
DJ_Ikronix
There should be something at the top of the sequencer window that says "Bar." Click on that dropdown list, and select something smaller, like 1/16th instead.

At least, that's if I'm understanding your problem right... :conf:
Mr Rogers
it doesn't matter if i put it to 1/16 or what ever....all options are still not work'n. it still deletes the whole bar. And i'm not sure about copy'n the track or whatever...but just draw bars in the piano layout thingy....so i'm not sure the right way to go about put'n my sample from NN19 any other way....sorry for the stupid questions but i'm just start'n out.

maybe more detail would help
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Rogers

maybe more detail would help

Definitely.
Cryogenic
Right-click and 'Ungroup' will remove the bar.
Then stay 'ungrouped' or group 4/4 or whaterer you like.

This what ur'e after ?
robin
you don't mean 'note' in stead of bar do you :-S

*you can resize those with the black arrow.. by clicking in the black squire at end of the note

don't really understand what you mean either
Mr Rogers
i know the arrow resizes it...but if i try to delete a little section of the bar..or note, not really sure...the whole bar erases. what am i do'n wrong?
I wanna use the middle of one of my samples while cutt'n the beginning and end off, but it won't let me.
sorry , wish i could explain it better
robin
that is not posible.. to remove the begin or the end of the sample you need to open the wav file in cool edit (or such) and cut it out there. can not be done in reason
Danne__85
Is this your problem?
that u want to delete just the bar around the notes. and keep the notes?

check my image that I attached and tell me if u mean like that.

// Danne

Danne__85
here´s the pic:

http://www.lnctv.com/~a41154a/Problem.bmp
Mr Rogers
no..its not that, its the notes in the piano. I was wondering if u can just erase sections of a bar. there has to be an easier way than editing the actual wave?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement