return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
quick help with comp
View this Thread in Original format
daydreamer
someone or something keeps shutting down my comp.
I am serious! i get this message on my screen that says i have 30 secs to save any info i need and my computers turns off by itself, there is nothing i can do. feck!!! help me.
i almost feel like restarting everything again..just did a couple of days ago when i installed a new hd.

any ideas

-dreamer
whiskers
LOL

get an antivirus and get the latest update for your os from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

or you could do this:

haha, this screen appeared on my windows that said "time before shutdown: 60 seconds"
so i turned the windows clock 2 years backwards and now it says "time before shutdown: 729 days" :D:D
i just love windows :D
meneedit
yep sounds like a bit o' the old "love.san.a" virus or was it "nachi.b"

or W32.Netsky.K@mm
or W32.Beagle.J@mm
or W32.Netsky.D@mm

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue:
Matt Jay
http://housecall.antivirus.com
icyhandofcrap
quote:
haha, this screen appeared on my windows that said "time before shutdown: 60 seconds"
so i turned the windows clock 2 years backwards and now it says "time before shutdown: 729 days"
i just love windows

lol! i like that idea :D
daydreamer
quote:
Originally posted by meneedit
yep sounds like a bit o' the old "love.san.a" virus or was it "nachi.b"

or W32.Netsky.K@mm
or W32.Beagle.J@mm
or W32.Netsky.D@mm

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue:

it is actually called the Blaster virus.
it seems like i was able to fix it though..
that was a close one.
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by daydreamer
it is actually called the Blaster virus.
it seems like i was able to fix it though..
that was a close one.

Good to hear. Reformatting is such a royal pain in the ass.
the-un-named
quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
Good to hear. Reformatting is such a royal pain in the ass.

I love reformatting, when i first built this machine i reinstalled windows about eight times...

...yes i am crazy
igottaknow
sounds like a overheating problem, pour some water on the cpu, just make sure you use distilled water otherwise you might damage it.
Heinz
BLASTER WORM!!!! i got that a couple monthes ago. message popped up, saying i have 60 seconds to save my work before my computer shut down, then it restarted, it didnt shut down. then a couple minutes after ive logged in, the message would pop up again. i actually did a system recovery, had to save all my music, and lot of it i threw out. sometimes the message didnt pop up, so i had time to save a lot of stuff. 15 cd's of music (mp3's)over 200 hours, 4 cd's of saved progs and files, etc. after system recovery was finished, guess what. the message popped up again. i was pissed. but i went to microsoft.com, and they have a blaster worm patch, and blaster worm eraser, that takes it off your computer. those worked fine. so now im worm free.

those 3 new viruses ive recieved dozens of emails containing them. my email sends them to a spam folder. also, my norton anti-virus wouldnt even allow me to open them, only if i changed the properties of my norton protector. i love norton..

im getting a mac. how many viruses do u know target macs?? they are all for windows/..

veezee
no need for a mac.. run linux :)

Jay
Ondrayce
quote:
Originally posted by veezee
no need for a mac.. run linux :)

Jay

Yes. Get Linux...if you don't want to run any software. Its almost as stable as Mac OS X, its just that few companies port their software to it. Get a Mac.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement