return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Sony MDR-V300
View this Thread in Original format
danielrong
Can anyone tell me how these headphones are for producing and monitoring? I would buy real studio monitor headphones but im gonna use them at school and on the bus too and i dont want 10 pound alien headphones then
kewlness
i don't know much about these headphones...

but best bet is to see if you can go to the store, bring several cd's of trance.. and ask if you can listen to it.. make sure it sounds like what it is supposed to sound like (ie. you can hear all the components of the track)...

But personally I recommend the sennheiser 580 pro... these babies are awesome!! 8 hz to 250,000 hz frequency response... at 99$ USD

edit: whoa.. i posted my response when i was checking the thread in chillout and after i posted it was in production forum :eyes:
josh
580 pro? I had not seen before. Had link?

I used 280 Pro. Like the Lows
alanzo
quote:
Originally posted by kewlness
But personally I recommend the sennheiser 580 pro... these babies are awesome!! 8 hz to 250,000 hz frequency response... at 99$ USD

I have a pair of those.. but the right earphone just blew on me :( It was rattling from the day I got it. So I'm in the process of looking up Sennheisers warrentee info so I can send them back and take advantage of the 2 year warrenty :D
alanzo
quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
I'm in the process of looking up Sennheisers warrentee info so I can send them back and take advantage of the 2 year warrenty :D

spelling was never me "forte" :D
josh
How do u compare of 280 Pro to 580 Pro? Is 580 Pro much better then 280 Pro Headphone?

I not sure about this. but how abt Sony MDR -7506 then?:conf:
danielrong
im sure the sennheisers sound good, but they are ugly as hell though..i wouldnt use them on the bus
jpgrdnr
Any suggestions for quality production
headphones? I was looking at Grado, and some audio mags rate them well. Also,
the Technics RP-DJ1210...but I guess I'm confused about the whole DJ /production
mixup. I suppose it makes sense to buy a pair of cans (lol) made for production and not for DJing. Looking for the headband to be metal or some nonbreakable deal (I had a pair of professional quality Koss' and the stupid headband broke (how? well I think they got messed up in a backpack) I suppose what would work is if they were foldable. Any suggestions?
alanzo
honestly, being a head phone user for a good 2 years.. I would stay away from them... I'm currently in the process of getting rid of my Sennheiser HD-580s, Koss Pro4AA, and Koss UR-30s becuase they're all broken and even when they worked the bass was very under-represented. I'm going to get them serviced under warantee then sell them to buy studio monitors.
danielrong
thx for all the replies, but does anyone have comments on the sony mdr?

alanzo
quote:
Originally posted by danielrong
thx for all the replies, but does anyone have comments on the sony mdr?

sony headphones in general suck, they add too much brightness.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement