return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
pioneer cd decks...
View this Thread in Original format
bluastigma
I was recently at a prom where the dj had two of those top of the line pioneer cd decks. I want some new cd decks but 1k a piece is out of my league. one question i have is this; the dj was playing some rap song, and he kept hitting a button making the beats loop and , it was cool, what is this and can i do it with lower class pioneer cd decks or any for that matter? thanks. anyone other cd decks u can reccomend?
bluastigma
whats it called? u kno?
bluastigma
yeah i kno, lol, i mean whats the technique called? so i can see if any others have it?
DarkFall01
quote:
Originally posted by bluastigma
yeah i kno, lol, i mean whats the technique called? so i can see if any others have it?

You mean looping?
I have the CDJ-800s, they're pretty sweet, I recommend those :)
Zombie0729
Seamless loop is what its called. It has programable memory so you can do quite a bit w/ them.
dj1212
only the CDJ-800 has the beat cutter, but both can do looping.

as someone already said, check out the pioneer website for videos that will show you everything both units can do.
spike_boy69
whats the difference between the cdj 1000 nd 800 anyway? i am considering geting one
bluastigma
I believe that the 1000 and the 1000mkII just have a few other options and faster searching, and i think they read song info and id4 tags...not too sure.
DJ FireWire
Unfortunately they don't have ID4 tags... however, they do have a LOT more features than the 800's.

Differences that 1000MKII's have compared with other models:

* Delay-free Scratching when cueing a song or jumping to a hot-cue; the memory build is instant so you can start scratching immediately.
* A Cue Marker is set automatically within the center display to visually represent the cue point relative to the jogdial’s location, much like vinyl DJs use tape or pen to mark their sample start points.
* “Wide” Pitch Control. DJs can use the +/- 100 percent pitch control range to create new sound effects from opposite ends of the sound spectrum and also to BPM match completely different tracks. This is in addition to the +/- 6, 10 and 16 percent pitch ranges.
* The Full Feature Digital Out function ensures that all of the CDJ-1000MK2’s digital features are carried over to any connected digital environment, even scratching and master tempo.
* An Extra Bright Display allows the DJ to see the track info more clearly and makes key features brighter.

Those are just a couple I found in the Pioneer forums. I remember there were a ton more... I am still looking for this one PDF document that has comparisons between all the CDJ's.

And here is a related document (in PDF):

Pioneer Product Pricing:
http://www.pioneerdj.com/cm/logo/Pr...t%207-01-03.pdf
Zombie0729
i think we answered all ur questions :)

montie
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl...004021813173271

CDJ800 for $549 with a rebate for $100 or a pair of HDJ-1000's

quite a good deal i think compared ot hte CDJ1000's
and the CDJ800s are very similar. sure i'd go with the CDJ1000's over the 800s but with that price difference you can't beat that.

i got my CDJ800 a few months ago and the free HDJ 1000's. i'm quite happy with the deal. and i love my CDJ800

also
you may want to look into the Denon S5000
it is a bit more than the CDJ800 but is less than the 1000 and is arguably better than the CDJ1000
and the platter spins like a real turntable which is nice.
sash
or go the denon s3000's if you can't afford the 5000's or don't need the extra features
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement