return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Can eny one tell which wave editor they use to make the acapellas
View this Thread in Original format
gadjet112
I have tried over and over to make the acapella i just can't seem to get it right. Can eny one tell me what Programe they use. And exactly how they do it. I also would like to trade acapellas. I am hoping someone would like to trade something for Daniel Bedingfield - if you're not the one[acapella]
MaxC
I don't think they use any programs to make an acapella, they just record the acapella separately from the complete song. If you're trying to distill the vocals from a song, you're kind of out of luck (unless there is a part in the song where there is a solo of the vocal track).
Limit
There is one way but it's not 100%...but you need the instrumental track to do it and that is hard to come by. It's much better to use a sequencer program than an audio edito for this way. What you do is open the regular track then open the instrumental track...they must be lined up exactly or it will not work..they must start at exactly the same point. Once you have this done all you have to do is phase reverse the regualr vocal track and done. What happens here is that both signals that are the same get reduced to 0 and are pahesed out. so all instruments and basses, hats ect...whatever is in the instrumental and is the same in the regualr track will dissapear..leaving you with the vocals. This is all depending on the source of the songs and that the content is the same. It is much better to do this from actual retail cd's of the artist you want the vocals for because an mp3 or other ripped type may have different freaquencies depending on the format..but this is still possible to work with mp3 and the like, but may not be as good as the cd. This can be explained in a more complicated manner but there is no sense in confusing you with all the technical details.

Another way but less efficent and 90% of the time doesn't work well is to use the Active X vocal remover plug-in which is free and works in the same way as the above but slighty different. Sometimes you can get some cool stuff out of that but don't expect to get a sweet full accappela. Oh ya you can do this in an audio editor or a sequencer.

Limit Out!
philj
Hey Limit,
That was really helpful. Thanks for the info!
Phil
Limit
no probs dude...anytime..thats why i came here, to share what i know and to learn what I don't.

Limit Out!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement