return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Hypnotized... and I don't mean Oakenfold.
View this Thread in Original format
halexander837
Have any of you been hypnotized before?
Just because, a hypnotic therapist was in my college.
keithos27
No but I've heard it's a very relaxing experience.
P`zazz
O_o I thought this was only in the movies
DarkFall01
One of those guys made a show at my school 2 years ago. It was really funny, he hypnotized a few kids I knew. He made a guy dance ballet and stuff like that, when he woke up, he couldn't remember anything :haha:
Supposedly it works, I have to get hypnotized myself to believe it...
Teknikol
I am still waiting for the day my unconcious takes it all over :)
Floorfiller
hypnotism does not work on everyone. it will only work on those that are open to the powers of suggestion, those of us that are scepticle...it probably won't work on you...
Boomer187
i hypnotised my roommate. we found an old book that gave steps on how to do it...this was a real psych book.

i dind't do anything extravogent, just made him lift his arm up and say stupid things. but he was out and really hypnotised.

we had a plan to hit on chicks doing this...but it never panned out, especially since he drooled a lot while under.
TranceMuzik02
They put you in a state of trance (no pun intended) not a sleep nor awake.
butterfly
hehe... makes me think of office space.
DarkFall01
quote:
Originally posted by Floorfiller
hypnotism does not work on everyone. it will only work on those that are open to the powers of suggestion, those of us that are scepticle...it probably won't work on you...

That might be true, even though the guy that came to my school said that everyone can be hypnotized. It all depends how relaxed, etc they are on that day, it doesn't work everytime...

Streakfury
quote:

It also doesn't work if you are not particularly smart (it has something to do with how the brain processes things apparently) or if you're drunk.

We've had a stage hypnotist come to our uni a few times and she put on a brilliant show. Not only did she make people do stupid things, but she also made this one guy inhumanly strong, just through hypnotism. She told him that he was "solid as a rock" and that he should "stand up straight so that nothing on earth could bend him". Then she put him to sleep, laid him so that his head and shoulders rested on one chair, and his feet on the other, with a large gap in between, and sat on him.

She wasn't exactly slim either, but he didn't move. It was so wierd how he became super-strong. And another thing was, she just picked him out of the audience. He wasn't hypnotised with the rest of them, he just got up on stage, and she practically clicked her fingers and he was under!! It was great to watch.

:eyes:
astroboy
quote:

That's arguable. Most hypnotists, who simply follow the same textbook procedures for eversubject, find that some are not susceptible... or resistant. One of the worlds most famous hypnotherapists Milton Erickson never had resistant subjects. He worked so well on an intuitive level that he would automatically adjust his methodology based on the subject's particular characteristics. He even pioneered a complex techniqueof inducing an altered state through a handshake, without saying anything.
Modern theorists also blur the distinction between hypnosis and ordinary communication, suggesting that there is a huge amount of subconscious communication and suggestion going on between people in any conversation. Altered states are also not necessarily anything special. A lot of people go into a mild altered state when riding an elevator... If you've ever gotten off with everyone else on the lift despite the fact that it wasn't your floor, it is very likely you were in a mild altered state.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement