return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

London Review
View this Thread in Original format
ctprincess
Ok - here is my review of my trip to London this past weekend!!!

Thursday night - I hop on the plane at O'Hare at 10 pm and promptly take two tynenol PM so that I can sleep for the 8 hour plane ride.

Friday - I land at Heathrow around noon (London time) and get through customs etc. Find the train to London - take it to the Paddington station and then figure out how to get to the Picadilly station where my hotel is supposed to be. I get out of the train and can't find the hotel anywhere. Ask a few people and nobody can tell me where the hotel is located - so I finally get a taxi and get to the hotel. My friend gave me the WRONG directions - he told me to go Picadilly when the hotel was at Paddington!!!! :angry:

I take a shower and then we head out to do some shopping at Harrod's and to also grab some badly needed food. Harrod's is insane - you need peanuts in order to find your way around in that department store - I kept getting lost!!! My friend bought some cologne b/c the salesman was cute.

Headed back to the hotel for a disco nap and then went out around 11 pm to The End, which is a ing incredible club. It's hard to find b/c its on the end of an alley - luckily we saw the line of ppl outside the club, so we get in line and wait for about 1 hour. We get in just as Lawler starts his 5 hour killer set! You enter the club and go down a set of steep stairs - its dark and dirty inside. Very bare bones - one bar and two rooms. Not a huge club, but plenty of room to dance and mingle. The vibe was incredible - the ppl there were there for the MUSIC - nothing else! No glam crowd, just good peeps wanting to listen to some deep, tribal house. Think of RedNoFive prior to it going glam. :eyes:

Met a bunch of peeps - no creeps coming up trying to grind against me - has to be one of the best clubbing nights in a LONG time. Danced the entire night and my legs were killing me by the end of the night!!!!!!!! Got a free CD of Harlem Nights productions and told Lawler that he needs to come to Chicago! I heard he's doing a US tour in June so keep your fingers crossed. Left the club around 7 am and went back to the hotel to sleep.

Saturday - slept most of the day, got up around 7 pm and had some food and got ready to meet some other friends in London. Met the friends in Notting Hill at a pub called the Prince Albert. Never met this one guy and he tells me that I have an ass like Lucy Liu :wtf: I just met this dude 10 minutes ago!!! We had a couple of drinks and then headed to my friends flat in Notting Hill to chill a while before heading to Fabric. Notting Hill is a pretty cool neighborhood - you should check it out when you go to London.

Got to Fabric around midnight - had rockstar status thanks to Mazi, so we walked right up and got in and also VIP passes. At Fabric you go down about 4 flights of stairs - the club has exposed brick and has two rooms that are separated by an area that has unisex bathrooms (which sort of freaked me out at first) and also beds on which ppl were lying on (we named them the crack beds for obvious reasons). Mazi and Jay Tripwire were spinning in the main room - had a good group of ppl dancing and it was PACKED!! The crowd at Fabric was much more diverse - raver kids, glam crowd, the regulars etc. I enjoyed the vibe better at the End, but it was still a ing great night - it was fun hanging out with some Chicago peeps in a different setting than Vision. Its hard to explain, but Fabric is definitely a kickass club.

About the unisex bathrooms - this one guy was so drunk that he couldn't close the door to the stall and then pissed all over himself. It was lovely to see that at around 3 am in the morning. :nervous:

We left around 8 am - the freaks were defintely coming out.

Sunday - slept most of the day and then had dinner at an Indian restaurant.

Monday - took a taxi to Heathrow, and then found out that my plane was leaving from the other airport - Gatwick. Got on another taxi and took the 45 minute ride to Gatwick and paid the 100 lbs - ugh. Got on the airplane and promptly fell asleep. Finally got home in Chciago around 8 pm.

Observations of London - its a very dirty city - been to much prettier and cleaner cities in Europe. Also, the weather is always cloudy and rainy - so living like a vampire was not a big deal. My trip in May will be with non-clubbing friends, so I'll actually get to do some site seeing in London.

Also - the roads in London make no sense at all - they're all curvy and windy - I couldn't get a sense of direction the entire weekend. Don't even try to drive - it's ing impossible.

No pictures to post - the clubs don't allow cameras.
dj_mdma
Next time you come to London, come into the UK Forum and we will give you a heads up :)
jdat
sounds like you had fun ... sleeping :p

great trip none the less ;)
ctprincess
quote:
Originally posted by dj_mdma
Next time you come to London, come into the UK Forum and we will give you a heads up :)

thanks - coming over May 17-24. Will check out the UK forum.
dj_mdma
gahhh thats right in my exam period :(
jdat
quote:
gahhh thats right in my exam period :(

hey now where's the spirit!? You must be suportive of your fellow TAs and show them the sights even in times of exams :p
dj2kTA
thanks for sharing...i would love to make it to London someday. Its one of my top destinations. Glad ya had a good time. Did ya make it to any pubs?
TrAnCeAkI
OMG lam posted in our forums :PP what an honour!!!

i wanan go to the uk tooooooooooooooo
ctprincess
quote:
Originally posted by dj2kTA
thanks for sharing...i would love to make it to London someday. Its one of my top destinations. Glad ya had a good time. Did ya make it to any pubs?

yup - before both shows we went to the pubs to down a few before heading to the clubs.
dj_mdma
quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeAkI
OMG lam posted in our forums :PP what an honour!!!

i wanan go to the uk tooooooooooooooo

:cool: :cool:

have a stopover in the UK before you go back to greece or something :toothless

TrAnCeAkI
quote:
:cool: :cool:

have a stopover in the UK before you go back to greece or something :toothless

or i can make a trip to gkgg ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement