return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

How to create cue points?
View this Thread in Original format
JRB
I just recently started recording my mixes and i wanted to know how to create cue points in the mix for listening on cd. I use Pro Tools when I record. any suggestions?
Dirk W.
If you are asking how to break up a mix into tracks for recording onto a cd, I use soundforge for my stuff.
JRB
What about for mac users? SoundForge is a PC program
Dirk W.
I know nothing about Macs, I probably couldnt even turn one on....
DeleriuM2K
no no dont break up your mp3 into tracks before mixing
use a .cue file... this will seamlessly have cue points for each track, and there will be absolutely no sound or noticeable change when you play the CD through

to burn using cue files, I recommend getting CDRwin from www.goldenhawk.com

copy paste the following into note pad, save it as a cue file, and then edit it accordingly. note: you are going to have to find the exact points where you want your tracks to change. this is done in MM:SS:FF (FF being Frames, not milliseconds. There are 75 frames per 1 second of CD audio, to find out what frame you need to break at, burn the MP3 as a whole file, stick it into your CDJ/Denon and fine the points. if you dont have a CD deck (a regular cd player wont do), then use any audio program that lets you search through your track in frames.

here is what you copy paste (make sure to save the cue file to the same folder that the mp3 is in):

--------------------------------------

PERFORMER "Performer name here"
TITLE "title here"
FILE "filename.mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "track title here"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "track title here"
INDEX 01 06:41:11
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "track title here"
INDEX 01 11:23:08

--------------------------------------

and so on. yuo can make as many tracks as you like. (ignore the -----'s before and after the section to copy
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement