return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 
Western Canada NHL Playoffs Thread - Flames vs. Canucks
View this Thread in Original format
ChadVanDyk
Flames in six....we have the Rocket Richard winner and the goalie with the best GAA in the NHL modern-era. The Bertuzzi-less Canucks backstopped by Cloutier are ripe for upset....if you can even call it an upset.

Go Flames Go!!!
Warez Guy
Booooo :P I say Canucks in 7:)
Sean Walsh
Canucks going in vs. a far lesser opponent on the tail of a 6 game winning streak, which has been possible due to hot goaltending and scoring from all four of our lines, with the top line on fire the past few games, led by the awesome play of Naslund and Morrison. Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt, while offensively the Flames have Iginla and... yeah that's it, Iginla. Canucks in 6.
keemoDavala
Flames in 7 :)

Vancouver is gonna be tougher then Colorado, but flames are the dark horses of this tournament for sure,

even tho kipper has no playoff experience, he is so solid, and can play under pressure, i dotn think its gonna be a major problem, and if he cant handle it turek will step up.
ChadVanDyk
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Walsh
Canucks going in vs. a far lesser opponent on the tail of a 6 game winning streak, which has been possible due to hot goaltending and scoring from all four of our lines, with the top line on fire the past few games, led by the awesome play of Naslund and Morrison. Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt, while offensively the Flames have Iginla and... yeah that's it, Iginla. Canucks in 6.

"far less opponent" - Only a 7 point difference. Canucks won the series 3-2-1...barely..with a 16-13 goal difference.

"6 game winning streak" - Well done however the Coyotes, Ducks, Kings and Oilers are not very formidable. The wins against the Stars and Sharks are commendable

"Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt" - I'd rather have Kiprusoff then Cloutier anyday....lest you forget how he pooched the series against Detroit not too long ago.

It will be a great series...let the games begin.
DjCommisad
I'd rather play Calgary than Dallas, as a Canuck fan.

Kiprusoff is a hot goalie. Some say he should be considered for the league MVP. He could be this year's Giguere from last year.

I say, Canucks in 6. We're starting to play better defensively, Cloutier is confident. All our lines are scoring. And some non-physical players have picked up their physical game.

Calgary, while great defensively, have trouble being consistent scoring. They lost 2-1 today against Anaheim. Conroy is a joke. Iginla is great, but your depth at center is a bit shabby with Reinprecht out.
Godsound
Calgary in 7

But I think we can all agree that no matter who wins, this is going to be 1 intense and tough series.
j_spot
its series like this that make me like playoff hockey
mikefasssy
are you guys serious? im putting money on canucks in 4, calgary is going to be blown out of the water.
Mainerski
canucks in 5 or 6 ! no more no less!

Sean Walsh
quote:
Originally posted by ChadVanDyk
"far less opponent" - Only a 7 point difference. Canucks won the series 3-2-1...barely..with a 16-13 goal difference.

Fair enough, that was a bit pretentious =P

quote:
"6 game winning streak" - Well done however the Coyotes, Ducks, Kings and Oilers are not very formidable. The wins against the Stars and Sharks are commendable

Doesn't matter if it was six straight wins against Washington and Pittsburgh, we're going into the playoffs with a TON of momentum and best winning streak of the year. This means a ton for the players.

quote:
"Calgary have a hot goalie... with zero playoff games under his belt" - I'd rather have Kiprusoff then Cloutier anyday....lest you forget how he pooched the series against Detroit not too long ago.

Cloutier had a bad patch midway through the season, but was stellar at the beginning and has been stellar when it's counted: going into the playoffs. I'm not gonna start telling anyone he's the best goalie in the league, or even the top6 really, but I'm fully confident that he's good *enough* for our excellent team. The fact that he has the second most playoff experience of any goalie in the western conference means a heck of a lot as well.

quote:
It will be a great series...let the games begin.

Absolutely! Enough speculation, time to get down to some hockey.
kypez
GO FLAMES GO

GO FLAMES GO
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 
Privacy Statement