return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Anyway to completely reset the ipod
View this Thread in Original format
hadi burpee
typed this in another thread by accident.

i use xplay and i have an old 5gb one. one of my friends unplugged it before stopping it, so i reformated it a few times, but most of the time it has a little mp3 icon in the folder i store the music on, but it has no name. is there any special program to reformat it or defrag it becuase i tried in the properties of the drive, but it wouldnt do it. perhaps trying another program might work. if anyone knows what i can do, just let me know, thanks =)
Dmatrox
when ever my ipod freezes or doesnt feel like turning on, i press "menu" (top button) and 'play" (botton button) at the same time to reboot it.
hadi burpee
quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox
when ever my ipod freezes or doesnt feel like turning on, i press "menu" (top button) and 'play" (botton button) at the same time to reboot it.

yea its not frozen, just wheneve ri put songs on there i cant access them. its weird. then i plug it in again, and it has a little mp3 logo with like no name or time or anything and i load more songs and they load but dont show up. i think it sbusted
getfoul
get your iPod update thing from apple, and in there there is an option to reset it completely.
dj_cuba
quote:
Originally posted by hadi ******
typed this in another thread by accident.

i use xplay and i have an old 5gb one. one of my friends unplugged it before stopping it, so i reformated it a few times, but most of the time it has a little mp3 icon in the folder i store the music on, but it has no name. is there any special program to reformat it or defrag it becuase i tried in the properties of the drive, but it wouldnt do it. perhaps trying another program might work. if anyone knows what i can do, just let me know, thanks =)

Try this technique:

Turn the hold button on, and then off. Then press the menu and pause together for around 5 seconds and you should see the apple logo appear.

This sorts out problems on my 10GB ipod. I'm not sure whether it will work for you though.
Tranz
your iPod sounds fuct.... i have a 1st generation 10gig, and I had problems when I first bought it. check out apple's website, they have some updates on there that might sort it out.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement