return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Chemical records sound samples.
View this Thread in Original format
Spang
Hey guys, just wondering if you guys noticed that alot of the sound samples seem to be pitched up in order to make the track sound better so you might buy it.

Dont get me wrong, i love chemical records. i think they are the best online store in the world and i buy 90% of my records from them but a few time i have bought records after listening to the sample only to discover that when it arrives its actual speed is much slower and i have to pitch it up to 3-4+ to get the same sound.

To me its not giving a true representation of how the song is supposed to sound. Lets face it, the faster a song is, the more you get into it and like it.

What do you guys think?
BeatSMiTH
What you're sayin may possibly be true, but I think pitching it up actually benefits us more because we can hear more of the song in the fixed 3m29sec format they have. I'd prefer to hear more of the song when making a decision. Just my opinion though...
Misty Kitty
I'm not too bothered about the pitch, its when they dont name the correct mixes and cut the sample off just before the break that pisses me off. Then again i normally wait to hear a whole tune 1st before buying.
Sjodalf
quote:
Originally posted by Spang
the sound samples seem to be pitched up in order to make the track sound better so you might buy it.

dude,
you mean the tracks sounds better if they're pitched up!!? WTF :conf:
Prodigy Child
quote:
Originally posted by BeatSMiTH
What you're sayin may possibly be true, but I think pitching it up actually benefits us more because we can hear more of the song in the fixed 3m29sec format they have. I'd prefer to hear more of the song when making a decision. Just my opinion though...

I'm with this guy, you hear more of the track, and anyway, your decks have pitch, so just pitch it up, its no biggy.
`pr0digy
Hell, I never realized they played them faster than normal anyways!
Revel
yeah, it definitly sounds like they pitch them up quite alot. It annoys me sometimes....
DjSimonB
I'd never noticed that before, maybe...

Doesn't bother me though. Usually when I'm in a real record shop I tend to pitch the tunes up a bit anyway, so it's the same.
mezzir
also consider that with upped pitch, you can fit more song into a smaller file, aka more samples easier
idk tho
Boomer187
i pitch them up when I play em so I don't care at all. its actually more representative of how I would play it than if it was zero'd.

Prodigy Child
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
i pitch them up when I play em so I don't care at all. its actually more representative of how I would play it than if it was zero'd.

oh yea, never thought of that, I'd agree with him.
DJ_Octane
Same here, I pitch them up so it doesn't matter much. Songs sound too slow when I hear them zeroed out.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement