return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

xone 92
View this Thread in Original format
Vero
Ok, so I'm gonna get a new mixer. Ive thought long and hard about the pioneer 3000, and 600. ive checked out the tascam x-9. ive looked at the vestax. but i figure if im gonna spend over $1000 US, i might as well go all the way and just get the best thing out there. i could give less of a about FX. so is there any arguement that the A&H xone :92 is the best DJ mixer on the market?
djtrinity
i just got the 92 rotary version a few days ago......it is a very nice mixer,built very well....for that kinda of money i would like it to sound better....don't get me wrong it doesn't sound bad.....put it up against a urei it has no shot.....overall its a sweet mixer thou.
DjJade
wouldnt it make more sense to compare the v6 with the urei? its totally diffent and its honestly not THAT expencive compared to what a urei would [have] cost[ed]

good choice ont he mixer.. i totally agree. if youre gonna spend a large amout of money might as well go all they way and get something good. i hate it when people are gonna spend alot but theny they cut the price here and there until they dont have soemthing thats good and what they get is not worth the money and time spent...and wont last very long
djtrinity
quote:
Originally posted by DjJade
wouldnt it make more sense to compare the v6 with the urei? its totally diffent and its honestly not THAT expencive compared to what a urei would [have] cost[ed]

my friend just got a v6....i've yet to get over there and try it..so i cannot speak for it..total for that with eq module was about 5500USD.....U can get a three phono card urei for abot 1500-2000 usd..and back in the day (brand new)there were about 900- 1000 USD. so i do think it is appropriate to compare the 92 to it.they are in the same price range......of course the urei is as stripped a mixer as u can get.....but i guarrante this.....when listening to a track......u should be hearing it like the producer is hearing it on his studio set up..............it should sound beautiful perfect.No need for eq's or any processing whatsoever.That how it sounds on a urei IMO.....u don't have to do a thing to it and it sounds awesome...i wouldn't have believed it for myself until i went and bought one....unfortunately the urei was a hard mixer for me to work with in this day and age.......the bottom line is if ur spending 1500-1750 i think the thing should sound awesome is all...;) ;)

now if someone can get the urei sound into a 92 package....that would be one hell of a mixer...this are just my opinions:eyespop:
DjJade
the fact that the urei is a stripped mixer explains why it sounds so good. price range imo is not a factor of comparison... its the purpose. the urei as for pure mixing alone. the 92 has allthose midi controls and added filters and eqs that get in the way of a signal. in a sense it was made with a different philosophy in mind which is why i said they shouldnt be compared.

i was saying that it shbould be compared to the v6 becuase the v6 is similarly stripped... though i heard that it still didnt sound as good :P

i must agree though, a urei with 92 capabillies would be nice. urei should just be resurected. its not like it owuld be *that* expencive to make today...
djtrinity
quote:
the fact that the urei is a stripped mixer explains why it sounds so good. price range imo is not a factor of comparison... its the purpose. the urei as for pure mixing alone. the 92 has allthose midi controls and added filters and eqs that get in the way of a signal. in a sense it was made with a different philosophy in mind which is why i said they shouldnt be compared.

i was saying that it shbould be compared to the v6 becuase the v6 is similarly stripped... though i heard that it still didnt sound as good :P

i must agree though, a urei with 92 capabillies would be nice. urei should just be resurected. its not like it owuld be *that* expencive to make today...

i hear ya!!....my friend says its sound better than the urei....but then again what would u say if u just spent 5500!!!!!;) ;)

i can't wait to hear it i must say!!....what mixer u using now?? do u like it?

i don't why it isn't ressurected.....even thou the rane was a poor attempt...........
DJ Tranz
quote:
Originally posted by djtrinity
i just got the 92 rotary version a few days ago......it is a very nice mixer,built very well....for that kinda of money i would like it to sound better....don't get me wrong it doesn't sound bad.....put it up against a urei it has no shot.....overall its a sweet mixer thou.

This is exactly why I alwyas said and will say it again, In order to appreciate the sound quality of Allen and Heath Xone 062mkII, Xone 464mkII, Xone 092/092R, and Xone v6, you absolutely MUST have a big, HUGE SOUND, and I don't mean just the loudness, gotta have Premium quality Professional DJ powerful amps and Premium quality Speaker cabinets with high wattage high SPL handling ability plus must have a good frequesncy range and built in cross-overs. Have all that and you'll hear how great the sound quality.

ps. We have sold several Allen and Heath Xone V6(s) but one particular stood out, it totalled over USD $9200.00, after customer fully customized the insides of the mixer, which is easy to do, 'cause the entire power supply is is a separate box, so the inside of the mixer itself is spacious and each channel, all internal rotary components and cables, and each stereo preamp tubes are fully customizable with either added features or replaced with Super Premium Quality parts.

I think Club Aria in Canada has a Xone V6 that was quite a bit customized as well.

hehehehe, A replacement Power Supply unit costs as much as Pioneer CDJ800. yikes, that's one expensive "AC Adapter" :D :D :D

just my $.02.

Cheers...
jwear2004
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tranz
hehehehe, A replacement Power Supply unit costs as much as Pioneer CDJ800. yikes, that's one expensive "AC Adapter" :D :D :D

Oh god! *Me checks wallet and sees one $10 bill.* That's simply outrageous. Even if I had that sort of money, I don't quite think I'd go with the V6 since I simply don't think any sort of quality is worth that much money.
DjJade
i was thinking about building a mixer based on the urei schematic...but putting really good components and modding the preamps to have tubes.... and adding filters with a bipass switch : P i wish i had the time and money though

i guess my good ole 62 will suit my system the only thing that the 92 has that i want is the dual filters and... lfo? im hardcore oldschool so i have no need for the midi stuff. oh and it looks so much more sexy than the 62 lol
djtrinity
quote:
i was thinking about building a mixer based on the urei schematic...but putting really good components and modding the preamps to have tubes.... and adding filters with a bipass switch : P i wish i had the time and money though

if u ever do let me know.....that would be absolutely bananas...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement