return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
33rpm to 45rpm an vice versa
View this Thread in Original format
Tranceporter99
How are you supposed to mix 33 rpm tracks to 45rpm tracks and vice versa, because i dont think my pitch fader [plus or minus 10] can handle it

also how many BPMs is a plus or minus 10 percent pitch control come out to be?
CosmoKid
Record Speed - RPM - has NOTHING to do with beatmatching.

You need o know how many BPMs a record is to know how much 10% will increase it.

140 bpm x 10% = 154 bpm
Nemesis44
Yup, 45s are better sound quality than 33s. :)

Nem
T:REBEL
I used to have that same problem.

Until I found my first records that went together that were at 33 RPM and at 45 RPM.

Now, all the records I spin, only like 1/4 is 33RPM. The rest are 45s.
djthunderbird
quote:
Originally posted by T:REBEL
I used to have that same problem.

Until I found my first records that went together that were at 33 RPM and at 45 RPM.

Now, all the records I spin, only like 1/4 is 33RPM. The rest are 45s.

you realize, of course, how stupid statement this is :) so you actually dont want to buy tunes that are 33rpm? You are missing like most of the tunes this way :)
I know it sounds stupid but let me clarify.

I spin mostly electro/housey breaks now and the records that I buy always end up being 45 RPM.

I barely spin trance anymore.
djthunderbird
well genre isnt an issue here.. I think they make both speeds in all the genres.. I just dont think its very wise to have 45rpm as the main criteria when choosing records.. It would be much more efficent to learn how to mix with 33rpm..
I'm just saying, LOL, that RPM isn't an issue for me. I don't mind if it comes either 33 or 45. Just that a lot of presses I buy end up being 45s and it's not my choice.

If you spin breakbeats, you find that a majority of breakbeats are 45s.
sandstorm03
doesnt it just have to do with the space on the vinyl. like if there is 1 track on a side its 33, then 45 if there are 2?..
Liam
quote:
Originally posted by sandstorm03
doesnt it just have to do with the space on the vinyl. like if there is 1 track on a side its 33, then 45 if there are 2?..

Space can be a factor.... if they want to fit more than one track on a side (or one especially long track), than they'll have to be 33.

vhx1
I don't think RPM would have any effect on sound quality. The song is just stretched out over a longer period of time.
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by vhx1
I don't think RPM would have any effect on sound quality. The song is just stretched out over a longer period of time.

think of it like having a higher bitrate for your mp3's ... the more the better.

and yes that does apply to analog.

If you're using a reel to reel recorder and you do a take at 10 fps and another at 40 fps .. the 40 fps one will be MUCH better.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement