return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

My Computer Won't Turn On! - Help Me!
View this Thread in Original format
dj_cuba
I was using my PC a couple of days ago when it suddenly turned off out of nowhere! When I tried to reboot it wouldn't switch on.
My main suspicion is that my computer has been overheating for a long time. I have been meaning to get it fixed but kept putting it off. The CPU temp starts off OK, but then quickly rises to 50-60 degrees. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but I know it's not supposed to be that hot!

I'm not really sure what caused it to overheat so much, as a couple of months ago it was fine. I haven't added any new hardware, but I have recieved a lot of errors and a massive system slowdown ever since I got the internet, which was about the time my system started overheating too.

Is there any way I can find out what's causing my computer not to turn on? It could be a blown fuse, but I don't know how to check.

Please let me know your advice.
Jiffy
if your computer has been overheating for quite some time, you might have gone ahead and fried that sucka.

if the fan isn't working, that's not a good thing. You're lucky it didn't spark up and smoke out (happened to my boss not too long ago)

If that's not the problem, it could be some type of virus...

Check it, my old machine (el crapola) would go on a monthly "cycle", yeah... it'd have it's period, or something. Once a month, the sucker wouldn't turn on for like a week. It was nuts.

Then it just quit working. Bitch.
whiskers
there is no 'fuse'

what exactly happens when you push the ON button

could be a busted mobo
could be a power supply
could be a busted power button
enferno
could be a faulty power supply. might be worth the $12 to pick up a new one just to see if it's that or the cpu.
whiskers
quote:
Originally posted by enferno
could be a faulty power supply. might be worth the $12 to pick up a new one just to see if it's that or the cpu.

power supplies aren't as cheap as $12 :conf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement