return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Noel Sanger (Nettwerk) || May 21|| Cleveland
View this Thread in Original format
headrushmusic

2004 HeadRush Music Summer Series, Part 1

FRIDAY, MAY 21

NOEL SANGER (noelsanger.com, gravity music group, nettwerk)

Noel Sanger has produced over 100 releases on 30 labels during the past 10 years. He has made five mixed CDs which have sold hundreds of thousands of copies. Who is Noel Sanger?

At age 8, he wrote his first songs; at age 13, he picked up his first guitar; in high school he studied music theory, jazz, and classical music. In 1990, he converted to the religion of house and techno while working as a presenter at a Naples, FL, dance music radio station. From there he began DJing and producing, building a small but devoted following for underground music in the tourist town that he called home. By late 1994, he felt it was time to move on, and he set up shop in Miami.

Over the next several years, Sanger experimented with techno, New York house, and Florida breakbeats. During these years, he drew from many genres of music, forming and fusing these styles into what is now known as "progressive."

"To me," Noel says, "Progressive doesn't necessarily mean a specific sound; it's the attitude, the mentality of the music moving forward," he says. "I think that a good progressive DJ can play from many different genres."

His five nationally released DJ mixes have all met with enthusiastic critical acclaim; the most recent of those, Summerbreeze 2 (Nettwerk).

Now with Gravity Music Group, Noel Sanger tours the globe, moving dance floors from Tokyo to South America. 2004 sees Noel working in collaboration with Electrofly and Luke Chable.

Join us in welcoming Noel to Cleveland for this very special kickoff to the 2004 HeadRush Music Summer Series!

with additional sets by

Deviant (HeadRush Music, Toes in the Sand Recordings)
Jason Soditch (cloud 9 resident)

cloud 9
1299 west 9th st
warehouse district, cleveland, ohio
9pm-4am :: $10 :: 21+
http://www.headrushmusic.com

jdat
May the summer series begin ! \0/
headrushmusic
Tickets are now available at Grand Poo-Bas Record Shoppe in Cleveland, and also at http://www.groovetickets.com

Also, there are two promo mixes of Noel's up on our site.
http://www.headrushmusic.com/events...2104_sanger.htm

Happy downloading!
butterfly420
I wish I could have come up for this but it was John(Product 19)'s going away party. I had to show my respect to one of Pgh's greatest techno djs. I saw Noel in Miami during the WMC. He had a bad ass set. I hope he tore up last night! Hopefully he will be back again sometime this summer.:)
headrushmusic
His set was great! He started off with some slower breaks, then moved into some house, then up into some more energetic vocals, then back into some harder breaks, then finally he just slammed it home at the end of the night, giving it to us with some dirty, make-you-jump-up-and-down prog. His mixing was tight, right on point. Great to see him getting into it, too. He did a good job of mixing up the deeper, darker stuff with some lighter, airy vibes.

Things got off to a later start than we had hoped because his flight was delayed. The storms were wreaking havoc on flight schedules and patterns. It took him almost 12 hours to get to here from Orlando!

Super thanks to everyone who braved the storms and came out. Love ya! Awesome to see smiling faces. Met some new people, too, who just moved here and are visiting for the short-term...welcome!

See everyone at Bill Patrick on June 4!

June 4 - Bill Patrick (112 Crew, NYC)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement