return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Looking for a nice digital audio player...
View this Thread in Original format
3xx3r7
I am looking for a nice, hard-drive based, digital audio player. What are you recommendations?

BTW, I do not wanna hear about overpriced ipod.
Electronicapo1
As a proud I POD owner... I dont really think its over priced but one Hard Drive based Player to 100% stay away from is the Archos Jukebox. It looks good for the price but its the reason I had to buy a Ipod.
3xx3r7
Like I said, no ipod. There are many other cheaper alternatives with the same features and quality.
Tudo Beleza
I would check out the dell mp3 player, it is nice and solid, plays the music without all the gimicks
3xx3r7
I also been looking Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra and the new Napster player by Samsung.
Mako
Try dell or gateway's mp3 players. Or the creative zen extra is another good choice. But if you really want good quality, go for the Iriver hard drive series. :D
3xx3r7
Yeah, I have seen those iriver ones. Look nice and good feedback, maybe a bit pricey. I am leaning more toward Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra. No stupid software to use and I hear good things about it, even though it is made by Creative.
Tranceporter99
creative makes a mp3 player that has 4 gigs and his 200 bucks. better deal than a mini ipod. i forgot the name of it though
3xx3r7
Nope, more like 30 gigs for 234.
YaleTrance
quote:
Originally posted by 3xx3r7
Yeah, I have seen those iriver ones. Look nice and good feedback, maybe a bit pricey. I am leaning more toward Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra. No stupid software to use and I hear good things about it, even though it is made by Creative.

i have the Zen, but I would get an IPOD if I could. and you DO need stupid software to use it (Creative PlayCenter).

3xx3r7
quote:
Originally posted by YaleTrance
i have the Zen, but I would get an IPOD if I could. and you DO need stupid software to use it (Creative PlayCenter).

Why do you wanna get an ipod? Is there something wrong with Zen? From what I hear, Creative's software is easiest to use.
YaleTrance
quote:
Originally posted by 3xx3r7
Why do you wanna get an ipod? Is there something wrong with Zen? From what I hear, Creative's software is easiest to use.

ok, I've had it for 1 1/2 years since it came out and i've had to send it back for repair THREE times. the hard drive gets ed up too easily, but I think that maybe the newer models might be better suited.

i'm happy with it, and I use it everyday for hours. the battery is pretty good. i fly across the Atlantic with the thing on and it lasts forever. the sound quality is decent too.

I would get an iPod though because it's even smaller and probably more stable? i don't really know, all the complaints i've heard about the ipod have been about the batteries.

but never mind what I said, I recommend the Zen. it works fine.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement