return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Who loves Air Nightclub, Birmingham?
View this Thread in Original format
daeus
Was wondering what all u trance addicts who live near brum think of Air Nightclub in Birmingham, personally i love it - with Godskitchen in-house each month and armin with a residency aswell as a host of other wiked DJ's (Above and beyond played a month back which i missed :/ ) its wiked to have a club in the centre of the UK (Midlands) that has so many good Dj's.

I live in Worcestershire so its less than a 40min drive there (my mate usually drives cause he can hak drivin bak at 6am) parkup in either the clubs carpark or a nearby one (which cost over 12 for 8 hrs but fukit) and go to a bar b4 the club opens at 10.

Might be going to see sash and Jon o'bir on the 14th of this month - nicenice - daeus
sykadelik
quote:
Originally posted by daeus

Might be going to see sash and Jon o'bir on the 14th of this month - nicenice - daeus

Oh dear :rolleyes: :p
Coup
mint.
stace
I LOVE IT!!! Well I love GodsKitchen anyway!! It just hits you how great it is as soon as you walk in the door! Its a bit of a treck for me especially as I cant drive but I cant think of anything more worthy!!!! :D
Ste
its pretty good, i enjoyed many a night there at Code and i like the new Air but now its a bit coz they dont have HH evertime in the nitro room. it used to be good coz hardhouse people always warmed up with trance which is better than sat listening to tech house in the main room.

also the fact gods wants to stay a commercial club means its had to diversify big time, and this means less nights to put on new trance talent, which basically means its lineups have become stale if you want trance.

anyway, the scen isnt how it used to be and i doubt ill ever go to gods again unless they put on some new trance dj's i havent see nand want to see.
Coup
quote:
Originally posted by Ste
anyway, the scen isnt how it used to be and i doubt ill ever go to gods again unless they put on some new trance dj's i havent see nand want to see.

bonzai night?
Fresh Prince
I'm coming on 21.5 to see Armin, can't wait, my first time at GK
heard only good things about it!
Oh yea, and I get to met Stace ;)
daeus
yea to be fair it is pretty commercial, can anyone sugguest any other good trance nights in brum since i havent explored around brum too much yet for other T/clubs - daeus
stace
quote:
Originally posted by Fresh Prince
I'm coming on 21.5 to see Armin, can't wait, my first time at GK
heard only good things about it!
Oh yea, and I get to met Stace ;)
AGAIN!! You already met me at Turnmills FP!!! ;) Youll love it!!!!
Oli
quote:
Originally posted by Ste
its pretty good, i enjoyed many a night there at Code and i like the new Air but now its a bit coz they dont have HH evertime in the nitro room. it used to be good coz hardhouse people always warmed up with trance which is better than sat listening to tech house in the main room.

also the fact gods wants to stay a commercial club means its had to diversify big time, and this means less nights to put on new trance talent, which basically means its lineups have become stale if you want trance.

tech house? lol what night was that?

You can't have HH when you have someone like Sasha in the main room, its ridiculous.

If you want trance week in week out your right, clubs cant survive on it anymore.. diversification is the future, imo

Ste
quote:
Originally posted by Oli
tech house? lol what night was that?

You can't have HH when you have someone like Sasha in the main room, its ridiculous.

If you want trance week in week out your right, clubs cant survive on it anymore.. diversification is the future, imo

the warmup guy, i cant remember his name, warms up load now (not jon obir the other one) and i didnt say have it all the time but they have techno or breaks in there most of the time, all more housey genres when theres already a funky room. yeh maybe have techno but why not have breaks i nthe funky room and ditch funky house for once.
Oli
quote:
Originally posted by Ste
the warmup guy, i cant remember his name, warms up load now (not jon obir the other one) and i didnt say have it all the time but they have techno or breaks in there most of the time, all more housey genres when theres already a funky room. yeh maybe have techno but why not have breaks i nthe funky room and ditch funky house for once.

You mean James Algate? He only warms up for house djs.. and he doesn't play alot of tech-house.
The whole trance/HH/Funky thing has been done to death and its boring. There wasn't funky house in the lounge friday when morillo was on either..

How are techno and breaks "more housey genres" i don't really get that?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement