return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Anyone a fan of Dave Matthews Band?
View this Thread in Original format
twisted420
I started listing to Dave Matthews band tonight. I esspecially like the song Crush. but im sure some of you have had those nights where your kinda feelin ty so you just dim the lights, sit on the floor with a beer or two and just listin and close your eyes. for hours you just listin. well i do that about every night. i wake up feeling pretty good. but i listend to Dave Matthews, and this stuff pretty damn good IMO. DMB lovers, haters, I dont give a -ers, opinions please!
Omegasox
Liked them maybe 6 years ago.
Orbax
Girls like it. So I put it in my chick mixes to get them in the mood.
th0m
I don't like the dude's voice, like he has a frog in his throat. Also, to me all the songs sound alike.

BUT, since I am in Virginia, and about 1 hour away from Charlottesville (where he is from) he's being whored around here like he's god himself.

Oh, 'nother funny story. Last semester in class to have some sort of introduction we had to write on a card some things about our self, like favorite movie, what's your major and that kind of things. One of the questions our prof. told us to answer was, what is your favorite band. Band. BAND.

See.

Yeah. When I told them I listen to trance and that they are not a BAND everybody looked at me as if they weren't ready to hear that or something.

Anyway. I'm bringing a very pissy mood to your thread. Sorry about that. Won't happen again. (I hope)
ratz
i got there 1 album under the table and dreaming from a ex a few years ago and i must say its a very good album... 1 of my favorites even... though im not so much a fan of there more electric stuff... like pearl jam and the pumpkins i seem to find more appreciation in there more mellow accoustic stuff... like that double cd dave did with tim reynolds live at luther collage... damn sweet cd...
its nice to see that theres others out there on here that have appreciation for some good ol american rock and roll...
twisted420
quote:
...Oh, 'nother funny story. Last semester in class to have some sort of introduction we had to write on a card some things about our self, like favorite movie, what's your major and that kind of things. One of the questions our prof. told us to answer was, what is your favorite band. Band. BAND.
See.
Yeah. When I told them I listen to trance and that they are not a BAND everybody looked at me as if they weren't ready to hear that or something.
Anyway. I'm bringing a very pissy mood to your thread. Sorry about that. Won't happen again. (I hope)

Yeah that kinda has happened to me. belive it or not i even asked a girl out mabye a year ago, she said yes. while we were on the date the subject of music came up. she was into rap and all her friends were all "gangsta" but she was nice and hot and kinda smart as i remeber..but she wanted me to come to a snoopdogg concert and i really didnt want to and i told her i listen to trance. and she looked at me like i was a ing freak. and since then we only went out for another week. that whole time she just acted different. No joke. what a bitch. I have yet to find a good looking, smart, trance loving or at least open to the fact that i listen to trance, girl. It shouldnt be that hard for me, yet it really is. especially when your in high school.
ezbeats
down with dave... i dont like him, however my gf does so i do listen to it now and then, but i seem to watch the dvd concerts more than the cds.... but, at least my gf like trance, though it is usually 'cheese' but none the less its trance. my past 2 girlfriends liked trance, i wouldnt, no i COULDNT date a girl that didnt like trance. music (trance mainly) takes up damn near 99% of my life, im always thinking about songs and production or mixing or anything to do with trance...

so my vote for dave is a big 'nay'. im not a fan of that much vocals in songs, and especially saxophones.... what is it about saxophones that makes me wanna cringe? like that track by kai tracid 'liquid skies', once the saxophone starts in i think the song goes to , i just dont like it, my own personal opinion.
::TranceVanDyk::
i liked em back in the 90's, even though i was young. now i just dont care
twisted420
music is my life and if i girl doesnt wanna share that with me..i think from now on ill be the first one to leave. But back to the point. people say he has a bad voice, but thats his style. its not bad its just different. yes, he goes off key mabye sometimes and has weird little squeeks n . but the music gives me a feel good kinda feeling.
JayD
JaY

trancebrat
quote:
Originally posted by ezbeats
i wouldnt, no i COULDNT date a girl that didnt like trance. music (trance mainly) takes up damn near 99% of my life

Amen! Same goes for me...I couldn't date a guy that didn't at least "like" trance.
Trazedict
already got tix to a concert of dave's over the summer. yus!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement