return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Numark Axis 9 vs American Audio PS2
View this Thread in Original format
tu_face
i am looking to get a cd deck to complement the rest of my setup.. i have looked long and hard at the two and i can't really make up my mind! the PS2 i can get for £299 (on special offer) here in the UK, and the axis 9 is £249. they both have very similar specs so i am tied.

without telling me to go and buy a pioneer ( :p ), which of these two would you guys reccommend?
CosmoKid
i owned the american audio for a day. i hated the layout. the axis is just more user friendly to me.
tu_face
quote:
Originally posted by CosmoKid
i owned the american audio for a day. i hated the layout. the axis is just more user friendly to me.

yea i thought a similar thought.. but i do like the look of the american audio. both look flashy, but i want something that will last, and in my experience numark stuff doesn't really last long..

dilemma
jago
i have just bought the numarks axis 9's and there a really good deck to play on, the seamloops work realy well and the hot starts are really cool, cos you can start from any point of the cd, nice!

One gripe is that one of the decks has developed a fault, and to say i have not had them a week is not good. I got them from sapphires but they have another web name www.decks.co.uk

With these u get a 2 year warrenty, plus u can extend to 3 years if u want for £25 per deck. They said they would replace the deck for me. If the new deck is good, then i'll have no probs recommending them, as the denon's pio's i'm sure will go wrong from time to time.
DR86
I've had my Axis 9's for almost a year now, and I have NO complaints. I find these to be absolutely awesome decks. They aren't bogged down with senseless features and are very user-friendly. I highly recommend them.
djshan
none of the two are good. the best cdj ever is cdj800 or cdj1000. if u have lots of cash go for the cdj1000, if u dont have enough cash go for the cdj800. ;)
m0sh
quote:
Originally posted by djshan
none of the two are good. the best cdj ever is cdj800 or cdj1000. if u have lots of cash go for the cdj1000, if u dont have enough cash go for the cdj800. ;)

cdj 800 is still a lot of money...

I got the axis 9 for 315$ each and it was worth it...good price , good cd deck highly recommended ...
tu_face
quote:
Originally posted by djshan

you didn't read my post did you :p

the cdj800 is £469. if i had an extra £169 to spend i would have listed the pioneers too ;)

thanks for the info's ppl :), anyone got any opinions on the PS2's?
djshan
quote:
Originally posted by tu_face
you didn't read my post did you :p

lol haha, well i just read the title of the thread and didnt bother reading the post, lol. i do that most of the time, too lazy u know.;)
jago
got a new axis 9 back from sapphires, and its cool, no probs. These decks are really good, great to mix on, and half the price of the denons and pios. Dont know are truly reliable and if theyll stand the test of time, hope they do, all i can say is that they are wicked to mix with. Hope thats helped.

tu_face
heh i got my axis 9 on friday, and with a weekends playing with i am very happy with it! you were right with it being very user friendly, and the looping is wicked.. the effects are a bit wierd to get the hang of (select on release, not select on press like the rest of the buttons) but they sound wicked, and i'm getting used to it now.

all in all, £250 well spent :)
jago
good to hear u got ya deck man, sweet arnet they, some people reckon they give pioneer 1000's a run for there money, and i can see why, with the loops and hot starts, u can do some mad things with them.

What set up do u have?

I have 2 9's and a vestax 275 mixer, mission speakers and a cambridge amp, decent set up, i need some headphones though, cos mine are rubbish.

see u live in chesterfield, i live in sheffield. Just started learning how 2 dj, got loads of old skool, hip hop and electro tunes to mix with, nice!!!!!

enjoy!!!!!!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement