return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Winamp radio problems
View this Thread in Original format
TweeK
When im trying to hear the radio through winamp like every 10 it starts to buffer and it laggs.I know it aint my Pc though.IS there something i need or is it cause im using dial-up?

When i use AOL radio it works just fine with any lagg.Whats up with that?PLZ help me:conf:
xKaoSx
quote:
Originally posted by TweeK
When im trying to hear the radio through winamp like every 10 it starts to buffer and it laggs.I know it aint my Pc though.IS there something i need or is it cause im using dial-up?

When i use AOL radio it works just fine with any lagg.Whats up with that?PLZ help me:conf:

Go to Options-Pref-Output-Configure

Change the buffer level from 2000 to like 4000
TweeK
nope some what fixes the problem .....any other suggestion
xKaoSx
quote:
Originally posted by TweeK
nope some what fixes the problem .....any other suggestion

Well- buffering basically means it downloads that many seconds of music and stores it. so 2000 ms is about 2 seconds of buffer.
If you're downloading from a stream and you cant keep up with the stream then it buffers the streams again and starts over.

Might even want to up it to 10000 if you're having that much of a problem. it will just take longer to start initially-

Check your download speed at www.dslreports.com
::TranceVanDyk::
make sure, your dling from 56k speed stations or it will do that. u cant have much open. u might have to close instant messengers, etc that take up bandwidth. or the station just sucks and u need to find a better one. or get a better connection/faster.
xKaoSx
quote:
Originally posted by ::TranceVanDyk::
make sure, your dling from 56k speed stations or it will do that. u cant have much open. u might have to close instant messengers, etc that take up bandwidth. or the station just sucks and u need to find a better one. or get a better connection/faster.

If the station is not sending fast enough you will hearing skipping on the listening end.

Let us all say it together now class....

Buffering - Listener Problem
Skipping - Server Problem
TweeK
OK cool ill try that....i cant afford a faster connection i guess im screwed
::TranceVanDyk::
quote:
Originally posted by xKaoSx
If the station is not sending fast enough you will hearing skipping on the listening end.

Let us all say it together now class....

Buffering - Listener Problem
Skipping - Server Problem

or your bandwidth is being taken up, or your dling from a server thats sending info to you faster than your set speed of 56k. or what u said above. we're all right here.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement