return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Sound and build Quality of VMX 300
View this Thread in Original format
CraSHer[UK]
Can anyone comment upon the sound quality of the Behringer VMX 300. I need a 3 channel mixer and ive trauled through past reviews with the search, and it seems a lot of people here rate this mixer.

I was just wondering what the sound quality was like and how does the mixer hold up after a good year of use?

The thing is i need that 3rd channel, but the behringer looks so ugly and i dont wanna get it if its performance is nothing more than the Gemini PS626i mixer, which is the other mixer im tempted to get.

So hows it holding up, and what does it sound like? It would help if you actually owned it or had some experience with it, rarther than saying behringer suck, stear clear.

Sound quality tho is what im really interested in. Basically would i benefit from 150 on the VMX300 or 100 on the gemini PS626i and 50 quid towards some decent carts?

Cheers,

Rob
benoitfan
Well I've only used the VMX-300 so far so I can't compare it to others, but I have it since December 2002 and after 1 year and a half I must say it's still as good as the day I turned it on for the first time. I think it's great value for money, and as long as you treat it with care, it will last IMO!
visje
ive got a gemini ps626i and for the money its a pretty decent mixer. its cheap as dirt compared to any high ranged mixers. Only thing which bugs me are the EQs. Theyre small and pretty close to each other.
bye putting some sort of sheet or cloth over your mixer can greatly increase the amount of time before ure faders start to crack as dust is killing for mixers :)
ive got my gemini for 4 months now and still no problems at all.
stupidisco
it will sound like and the faders will bleed..

you get what you pay for.
SgtFoo
I've had the vmx300 for about 2years now. You get what you pay for, but out of all the Behringer mixers I've touched the vmx300 is the most durable and reliable so far.

If you really want quality, take the time to save up more and get the Allen&Heath Xone:32 (3 channels, INCREDIBLE QUALITY).

I'm learning electronics for audio engineering basics, and I'm gonna be upgrading the internal parts of my 300 to make it work and sound better, but if you can't get such work done, just take care of it.

the only troubles it's given me, is the mic/channel 1 VU meter is messed up, and the gain knobs are getting very un-sensitive. For all I know though, it could jsut be dirty potentiometers and they just need some cleaning liquid.
DJ Kibon
I've had my Behringer VMX-200 for well over a year now, and I've been quite happy with it the entire time.

Build quality might be an issue in the long term, but at their pricepoint, the Behringers are almost disposable in a sense.
tu_face
i must have posted this about 5 times in 2 days..

get a vestax :p

i have a pcv-275 (3 channel) and apart from the djm3000 its the mixer i like to play on the most! the faders are outstanding, very solidly built, great x-fader curve and VERY pretty to look at.

:)

edit: ignore this, you are not asking about a vestax mixer... sometimes i just get carried away :p ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement