return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Pages: [1] 2 
I met UMEK
View this Thread in Original format
Spin Doctor
Well, technically, not quite! Apparently he was in the same record shop as me just an hour before. That’ll tech me to decide to visit the shop with the one pound bargain bin first again! Glad I didn’t really as I’d have lectured him on why he should stop making housey-techno and go back to paranoid-schizo-scary-dark-techno.

This pointless thread was brought to you in association with 2:10 am boredom.

Back to Settlers II it is then.
:stongue:
Coup
quote:
Originally posted by Spin Doctor
Back to Settlers II it is then. :stongue:

i owned settlers III for a while before i sold it. i loved watching the game just evolve, but with the lack of real, well, anything in the game got me bored.
Sand Leaper
quote:
Originally posted by Spin Doctor
Glad I didn’t really as I’d have lectured him on why he should stop making housey-techno and go back to paranoid-schizo-scary-dark-techno.

You'll be slightly disappointed with his new releases then, as one of em is a housier project with another guy on Sondos. Probably inspired by the tougher house records he often spins like CZR & ITO - Soiree (Instrumental Dub). However, Hivid EP (new Consumer Recreation) is the usual claustrophobic and mentalist Umek we all know and love. And if you liked Neuro, his next album will probably by to your taste as well. :)
tu_face
uuuuuu
mmmmmm
eeeeee
kkkkkk

gah, m's are bigger than they should be
Roddy
Peolpe that have been in my local record shop: -
Tiesto
Ferry Corsten
Scott Bond
James Zabiela
Fergie
Agnelli and Nelson
Jon Carter
Youseff
Dave Seaman
Sander Kleinenberg
The Digital Blonde

and me of course:)
DJ Mikey Mike
Settlers 2 was amazing, and Settlers 3 Gold even better. I still play them from time to time... another classic I often dig out is Theme Hospital :toothless
Coup
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike
another classic I often dig out is Theme Hospital :toothless

:haha:
mef
theme hospital is funny for a while but then it goes back on the shelf for another few months. Rollercoaster Tycoon baby!!!;)
Spin Doctor
Currently on level 4 of SII. I think this was as far as I ever got, I never originally put much time into it. I’ve not played SIII yet. Though my mum has the disk for it which I shall try at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
You'll be slightly disappointed with his new releases then, as one of em is a housier project with another guy on Sondos. Probably inspired by the tougher house records he often spins like CZR & ITO - Soiree (Instrumental Dub). However, Hivid EP (new Consumer Recreation) is the usual claustrophobic and mentalist Umek we all know and love. And if you liked Neuro, his next album will probably by to your taste as well. :)

I look forward to the new album! :happy2:
Fresh Prince
I have 2 friends that are friends of his, but I haven't met him.
I once read an interview of his in local magazine here and didn't like what he had to say about trance djs :whip:
I guess if I asked to get in touch I could make an interview for TA, but I don't listen to his music nor do I know what's going on around him. Too bad he's the only good Slovenian DJ, oh well...

Spin Doctor
What about Umek’s batting partner, Kanzyani?
Fresh Prince
Yea I've seen him once here in a club by sea, he's good.
Our only big club actually, where likes of PvD have played.
http://www.ambasada-gavioli.com
If I had to pinpoint it, I'd say he's a bigger star here than Umek.
For his last compilation there were posters about it all over town.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement