return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
What would you get?
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Spiel
Ok... My gurlfriend & my sister are buying me a gift for B-day. (an early gift) I can't go over 450.00$ I was thinking of buying a laser?

What would you guys get?
Here's my setup.

(2) Numark TT 200's (With some Stanton 500 AL Needles)
(2) CDJ 800's
(1) Pionner DJM 600
(2) ty Technics Speakers that have about 150 watts each
(1) ty Radio that my mixer is hooked up 2

About 40-50 Records

About 1000's CD's In my collection
Dj Spiel
I forgot.. I have

Sony MDR CD770 - Headphones
Vlad
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Spiel
(2) ty Technics Speakers that have about 150 watts each
(1) ty Radio that my mixer is hooked up 2

You basically answered your own question.

Replace the ty Technics speakers with good Passive Monitors and replace the ty Radio with a good amp to fit those monitors.

Price is $449.95 @ djmart.com (Right in your range, talk to DJ Tranz on TA and he could hook you up with a discount. Draw back is that this package will be over the weight limit for free shipping, so chances are the discount and shipping charge might cancel each other out)

If your a mobile DJ, you might think about getting regular lighting before you step up and get lasers. Either way, for $450 bucks, the only lasers you could get are crap lasers.
Prodigy Child
I would recommend going with what Vlad said, it will be more useful and may help you become a better DJ, plus with some nice speakers you will really be able to enjoy the music, a 450 dollar lazer ain't gonna be that great, it will be fun to trip with for a while, but you will probably regret it later on, be safe, go with new speakers and amp.
BeatSMiTH
Or you could go with powered monitors. Same effect, but takes up less space
tu_face
Vlad's advice is what i would do, then you can start to build up your own stack stereo system on the side ;)
CosmoKid
Sell your TT-200s. You can get about 150/each = $300

Combine that with the $450 for your gist = $750.

Pick up some Technics.
dartman
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Spiel
About 40-50 Records

you can never have too many records, you should have them finance a shopping spree at chemical records (or your favorite record store).

monitors are a good idea too, you can scoop up a set of Behringer Truth active monitors for $299. i've heard good things about them and they have them at djmart.
Vlad
I was thinking about this thread on my way to work, and thought, maybe you are better off maybe getting Alesis M1 MK2 Powered Monitors which will run you about $330, and you are left with $120 to spend on vinyl, or you could take another step and get better carts (2x Shure M44-G, $114).
Unknown DJ
i have a pair or powered alesis monitor speakers, the same ones in the pic only powered, i have them atached to m pc for production, but i did hook them up to my decks and ing hell r they sweet. i would love 4 of them for each corner or the toom to mix with. would sound hot.

Briden
get a technics. then you got three decks to around with. And, soon you will realize that your numarks are not up to snuff, and you'll have to buy another tech when you can afford it.

Or, if your satisfied with your numarks, then i'd spend the money on more records.
wippet
where can i shop for dj equipment.
ONLINE SITES??? which are good????
some places in the US..??
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement