return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

I need data
View this Thread in Original format
Boomer187
I am designing my own database system for online experiments and I need data to test with.

I am not publishing this, but it would be cool if you answered honestly. Then I can run the procedures and see if I get any results close to what I think I should get.

http://www.scsv.nevada.edu/~exppsy/rpbs.htm

comments are welcome.
Orbax
Black cats can bring you bad luck.

I hate all cats and think theyre bad luck no matter what color they are.
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
Black cats can bring you bad luck.

I hate all cats and think theyre bad luck no matter what color they are.

details details.....just fill it out..

fill it out twice if ya wnat..
Tranc3
I believe some pagan religions actually do refer to the followers as witches and warlocks. Not to say that the religion is true (although it could be), but it would mean that witches do exist.
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by Tranc3
I believe some pagan religions actually do refer to the followers as witches and warlocks. Not to say that the religion is true (although it could be), but it would mean that witches do exist.

that is one huge problem I see with this and other scales like it. Nobody defines these terms. If I was to redo this I would definitely explain each term.

and I also forgot to reverse code a few items.....all is good now though.
Tranc3
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
that is one huge problem I see with this and other scales like it. Nobody defines these terms. If I was to redo this I would definitely explain each term.

and I also forgot to reverse code a few items.....all is good now though.

Yeah definitions would definitely be needed, but since this is more for the testing of the system and not the actual results, I guess it doesn't matter too much.
Sand Leaper
Several of these questions basically ask the same thing. I assume these are implemented to detect self-contradiction in a person's answers?
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Several of these questions basically ask the same thing. I assume these are implemented to detect self-contradiction in a person's answers?

well originally there were 7 dimensions, about 3-4 questions for each dimension.

for example you have your traditional religious belief dimension, and your belief in psi (I forget what it means exactly and Im not pulling out the article :P).

but basically there are about 3 or 4 that will be measuring the extent to which you belief in a certian dimension, so yes they will sound redundent....

but it isn't really to trick you or detect contradiction. more of a reliability measure, the more items you have to define a certain dimension of personality, the more accurate it is. or so the story goes.
getfoul
but i didnt want to go to google.
whiskers
you and your superstition study...

Orbax
I just read this title as "I need a date" and I was just about to rip into the thread starter hehe.

Thats my whole story.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement