return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
The price of records... (both threads merged)
View this Thread in Original format
OurManFlint
I have not bought rocrds in over 3 months, and it seems like the prices have risen from $9.99 to $10.40 or somthing. Are records going to get even more expensive???
rainbow_marble
depends... where are you buying them from? i believe satellite is still 10.99 for all new releases almost.. my local record store is the same as its always been. what store are you talking about? try using ebay, you can usually find a good tune for cheap on there, only thing that sucks is the shipping puts you back a few
SgtFoo
much like the price of gas where i live, we must understand that if the cost of the oil that makes our beloved wax discs goes up, then the price of teh record will too. lol :D
dknylady
hehe no i don't think that rising gas prices have much to do with it.

the coversion to the euro is the reason for the inflation.

anyway i hate paying more than $10 for a new record. that's too much as it is.
www.majesticstore.com is 8.99 for new vinyls. and shipping is mad cheap too.
dj chex
if you go through the used bins you can find lots of wonderful stuff for cheap. That's the only way i can save $$$ for rent and gas. :D
tu_face
the exchange rates between the US > europe/UK means that things here seem very expensive to you. to us a record is usually around £6, it has been for ages, but for you guys in america it will seem like things get more expensive as you need more $'s to make up £'s & euros :)

then there is a cost of production factor, and whether or not we like it, if the price of poil goes up then the cost of production for a lot of things (including plastics) will rise :/
subtledreamer
quote:
Originally posted by dknylady
anyway i hate paying more than $10 for a new record. that's too much as it is.
www.majesticstore.com is 8.99 for new vinyls. and shipping is mad cheap too.

im checking out the site right now and wow! their selecton is HUGE and 8.99 a pop doesnt seem bad at all ;) thanks for pointing that site out! i was just about to fish out 50 some bucks @ dancerecords, too (their stuff are 9.99-10.99 each), but with free s/h for order over 50.
jeremie
majestic is a good store!! but the service is ing bad! bad!! really bad!!!!!!!!!! and order take years to arrive!!

when you palce an order! sometime it take more than 1 week before you get a confirmation mail!! it suxx!
jeremie
oh another thing!!!! if you are outside US!! dont order from majestic!!! the custom fee is HIGH!!! sometime higher than the price or your order!!
T:REBEL
I get my records between the 6.99 - 11.99 range...then again, nowadays I'm spinnin' a lot of progressive breaks...

Clyde77
do u think the avg price of a record which is $10 or so, is too high?
i think labels, record companies, and recordstores should do something about this. just like here in the USA they lowered the prices of cds. what do u guys think?
Vlad
I pay between $9.50 and $10 for records + @ $1.50 shipping per record... I order exclusively from Chemical Records because their shipping rates are good.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement