return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Cd Burner installation?
View this Thread in Original format
Viceroy
Hello everyone...

I just got a new computer. It has a 52X cd rom in it. I want to keep that one in there...and then put in my burner as well. It's fairly simple to disconnect the one that is in there now, and then hook up the burner, but how do I go about putting in the burner as well as keeping the 52X in there? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve
FASTDJMP3
damn i don't know how to explain that in english but i'll help you anyways

put the burner in its place , then u will see a cable coming from the motherboard that looks like the same plugged in the 52x cd rom . plug it to your burner and now it should work
j_spot
umm..Im not quite sure what u mean, but if its what I think u do, then Fast is way off.

U just need to see if there is another bay for the cdwriter to go in, push that little plate out and slide your burner in there..then do what Fast says
Viceroy
Thanks Fastdjmp3...

So there should be just another cable already there? Will it be stemming from the same place the one for the 52X is?

Thanks!
Steve
FASTDJMP3
quote:
Originally posted by Viceroy
Thanks Fastdjmp3...

So there should be just another cable already there? Will it be stemming from the same place the one for the 52X is?

Thanks!
Steve

normally yes , that's the way i installed my 2 burners (i had 4x4x32x then switched to 16x10x40x)
lMIlk
djmp3, are you talking about slave and master? i did that on my burner to cd rom and when i copy cs's its MUCH slower(about from 16x to 4x copy). And how many ide slots are on ur motherboard?
wasmario
its quite easy though i first neither knew how to do when i bought my burning drive!!

[IMG]ftp://wasmario:mindstream@ftp.tripod.de/Wasmario-Pics/images/EIDE.jpg[/IMG]

u need -2- EIDE cables one for your HD(s) and one for your CD-Drives!!

each EIDE-cable needs -3- connectors!!
one to the motherboard and two for the drives!!
make sure u do NOT connect the CD-drive together with the HD on one EIDE coz the CD-Rom would slow down your HD!!

connect them as shown in the pic!!!
either important is the master/slave setting(those tiny & easy-to-lose pins at the back of each HD/CD-Drive!!
the burning-ROM has to be set as MASTER and the other one(i.e.: your x52 drive) as SLAVE!!

then u go for the powersupply just take one of these yellow-red-black cables and connect them like the HD and your other CD-drive!!

last but not least connect the NEW Drive with the AUDIO-cable[thin-grey or black cable with a tiny biter(spelling??- a small thing on the connector which makes sure that i wonīt disconnect)] to your soundcard!!

thats it!!!

after booting and pressing DEL(when u got WINDOWS) u enter the BIOS and go to the HD AUTO-DETECT!! then SAVE&EXIT and enjoy...:D

if u got questions??

PM me, k?? ;) gr33tz
wasmario
quote:
Originally posted by lMIlk
djmp3, are you talking about slave and master? i did that on my burner to cd rom and when i copy cs's its MUCH slower(about from 16x to 4x copy). And how many ide slots are on ur motherboard?

normaly there are 2 i think!! though i donīt know exactly;)

to copy CDs "on the fly" which means coping them without making an image file on your hd the CD-drive with the original CD in need to read at least x2 faster then the burner writes!

and again: its important that the two CD-drives are on the same EIDE cable!! unimportant which connector u use for the drive or lets put in other words:
(look @ my pic) its unimportant if the burner is connected at the end of an EIDE or in the middle!!
Viceroy
quote:
Originally posted by wasmario
its quite easy though i first neither knew how to do when i bought my burning drive!!

[IMG]ftp://wasmario:mindstream@ftp.tripod.de/Wasmario-Pics/images/EIDE.jpg[/IMG]

u need -2- EIDE cables one for your HD(s) and one for your CD-Drives!!

each EIDE-cable needs -3- connectors!!
one to the motherboard and two for the drives!!
make sure u do NOT connect the CD-drive together with the HD on one EIDE coz the CD-Rom would slow down your HD!!

connect them as shown in the pic!!!
either important is the master/slave setting(those tiny & easy-to-lose pins at the back of each HD/CD-Drive!!
the burning-ROM has to be set as MASTER and the other one(i.e.: your x52 drive) as SLAVE!!

then u go for the powersupply just take one of these yellow-red-black cables and connect them like the HD and your other CD-drive!!

last but not least connect the NEW Drive with the AUDIO-cable[thin-grey or black cable with a tiny biter(spelling??- a small thing on the connector which makes sure that i wonīt disconnect)] to your soundcard!!

thats it!!!

after booting and pressing DEL(when u got WINDOWS) u enter the BIOS and go to the HD AUTO-DETECT!! then SAVE&EXIT and enjoy...:D

if u got questions??

PM me, k?? ;) gr33tz

Thanks for your help man, that was very informative!
Steve
wasmario
quote:
Originally posted by Viceroy

Thanks for your help man, that was very informative!
Steve

;):D no prob

lMIlk
mario: how come when i tried putting my burner as master, my computer wouldn't boot up? it just showed this thing going in a circle.
QuickStep
Milk, you might have the cable connected wrong from the drive to motherboard. Just make sure that the number 1 on the drive slot is lined with the number 1 on the cable, and the same to the motherboard.

I did the same thing when I first installed my burner.

Payce
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement