return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Canon Powershot s500 or s60??? CANON EXPERTS NEEDED!!
View this Thread in Original format
JINN
which camera should i get??

both r pretty much same but just want some good advice from you guys who might know a little bit more

thanks

and btw whats the basic difference between the s series??
like s 410/500 and s50/60 series??
Photo_bot_2k1
s500
getfoul

s500
JINN
s500 doesnt have raw though...:(
sothis
i just got an s410 as a graduation present.

the ONLY difference is the megapixels is slightly higher, and it has a stupid print button for the computer (useless if you know how to use a computer at ALL and/or how to use a printer).

honestly, that small upgrade of megapixels won't mean . if you really need a good camera, jump to a 10 megapixel one.. from a 4 to a 5 really isn't that big of a deal, or worth the money.

my s410 kicks ass.

i haven't taken many pics with it, but heres a slightly in motion shot of the bf:

http://www.anime-planet.com/pics/davefeet.jpg (type it in if it doesnt show up by clicking)
Tranc3
Well, the s500 is a full 440 numbers higher than the s60, however, the s60 is a bit easier to type out.
sothis
ah, i should have clarified. ^_^ i was comparing the s410 and the s500, i know nothing about the other two. :)
getfoul
if they have a s55 AMG i would suggest that one instead of the s500
:wtf:
ShadoWolf
S500 is tiny (credit-card size) and is 5 MP

A60 is bigger and 3MP I believe... it is cheaper than the S500
tubularbills
<-Canon Powershot A60

ratz
i got the a100 in san fran in 2002 and it works nice and dandy for me... i suppose the question you need to ask yer self is are you gonna be making use of it to the point of spending alot of money... i feel i spent too much and i dont use it as much as i should but eh...
JINN
s60 didnt even ship out yet...its not 3 MP its 5 MP

it ships out JUNE 25th but i just wanted a heads up as to which to buy

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/s60.html
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement