return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Technics SLDZ1200 vs Pioneer CDJ1000Mk2 - which would you choose?
View this Thread in Original format
avikonen
These 2 players are the same price. From the specs the Technics has more flexibility - it can play wav and mp3 files on a CD, pioneer can't. I had a chance to play with one today and a cdj1000. I also like the feel of the Technics better. It really does feel like a 1200 TT platter. But I've noticed every venue I've been to has standardized on the CDJ1000's.

I think my questions is really 2:

1 - Which do you like better?
2 - Do you think Technics will surpass Pioneer at venues eventually?
Vlad
CDJ1000 hands down.

Technics should stick to making turntables...
Prodigy Child
1. Haven't tried the Techs, but I do like the looks of it, but from reviews of the Tech and some videos, I think I would go for the Pioneer, even though it has no MP3 suport, but who cares, why would you wanna play 128k mp3s when you can play Waves.

2. Pioneer is here to stay in the club environment, they have become the standard and will only be replaced with something FAR FAR FAR superior, something with MANY features and has the durability to survive a club life.
dj chex
after playing w/ the techs the other day i would have to say i would even go with my numark axis9 over that pos!!! BTW, the cdj1000mk2 is here to stay!
DR86
the techs suck. i was so unimpressed by them. wow.
zizack
I own A Pioneer cdj1000mk2, and a Denon s3000. The Pioneer is far superior to the Denon. I tested out the Technics deck yesterday at Guitar Center and it was ok. I'd rate it above the Denon but below the Pioneer . I definitely can't imagine that deck replacing Pioneer's in big clubs.
Wildfir3
pioneer or denon. No techs here for me @ all
Kamelen
pioneer for president!
pumavisor808
if you want the industry standard - get the pioneers
if you want alot of fancy features - get the denons
if you want true vinyl feel - get the numark cdx
if you want a toy - get the technics...

Here's a great video comparing the 3
Technics vs Denon vs Pioneer head to head video

Wait till you hear what the techs sounds like.... It really sounds like a toy cd player you would pay $100.00 for. If you plan on doing any scratching at all, stay away from the techs.

One other thing is the top platter of the techs feels like a piece of laminated paper... no durability at all. The guy at Guitar Center tell me it's replaceable!!! For $1200.00 I shouldn't ahve to replace anything on my cd player.
DJ Cubano
quote:
Originally posted by pumavisor808

nuff said....pioneer is the only company who's mastered the "master tempo." Other companies are very close, but pioneer did it!

avikonen
Wow and thanks! That movie was very informative.

quote:
Originally posted by pumavisor808

Here's a great video comparing the 3
Technics vs Denon vs Pioneer head to head video

Wait till you hear what the techs sounds like.... It really sounds like a toy cd player you would pay $100.00 for. If you plan on doing any scratching at all, stay away from the techs.

One other thing is the top platter of the techs feels like a piece of laminated paper... no durability at all. The guy at Guitar Center tell me it's replaceable!!! For $1200.00 I shouldn't ahve to replace anything on my cd player.
Inertia
i estimated there was no way Techs could beat out Pioneer in there first shot. better luck next time, cuz Pio's are still too damn strong.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement