return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Car Audio Question?
View this Thread in Original format
lilravergirl
I just got a car and would like to put a nice system in it that would compliment the greateness that is trance music. Does anyone have any suggestions? I had some Pioneer crap in my old car and 3 twelves and it sounded too ghetto.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
robin
this is a poll only section :D i think you better ask this question in the faq forum (which is now a subforum of the chill out room) or mayby in your local area forum :o

good luck with it

(+1)
Shook1
I would start by replacing your inside speakers w/ something nice to clear up the high notes. Then if u ever decide to get any Bass, then it'll all come together.
Orbax
id say 6.5"s in the front, 5 1/4s in the back and a 10 or dual 10s in the trunk.
TeKnoHe@d2025
Alpine Headunit, 6.5" component speakers in the front and 6.5" speakers in the back (If your car is designed for 6.5" speakers), one or two 10" subwoofers in the trunk.

I'd aim for 65-90 RMS for the interior speakers. You might want to dynomat your doors, floor and trunk also to keep the sound IN the car. I'd say anywhere from 300-600 watts for your subs would be good.

Remember when building a system you want to decide what kind of sound you're going for first SPL (sound pressure level) or SQ (sound quality).

If you want good components stay away from products that are sold in Best Buy, Comp USA, etc. Go to an audio store and listen to higher-end stuff and don't forget that you get what you pay for...
Mr. Pink
Ok so I have a new car and want to also see about a sound system...
SQ preferred, which from what i read is Sound Quality.

What would be the best option....nothing too complicated or expensive...

and if you dont want to get into details- where can we find info on this e? ;)
The Greek
since youre going for sound quality, make sure you get a box for the sub that has no port. an acoustic suspension box will produce tight accurate sounding bass. and go with a 300 watt rms amp. its not too much and not too little. couple that with a 400 watt rms sub. i think one 12 should suffice, because i have that set up and it sounds great - loud and clear. for the front hope your car has openings for tweeters. i would go with at least 80 watt rms of whatever size speakers your car takes if not 100. pioneer has very good receiver units i prefer them over all others. make sure you power your interior speakers with their own amps. trust me it makes a difference in quality.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement