return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
ebay sucks
View this Thread in Original format
da_MynDLesS_one
Why am I constantly being ripped off on ebay?
Of my 10 or so purchases on ebay so far, I've been satisfied with less than half of them. I order a pair of headlights for my car, "good condition"... one has brown stains on the inside from a burnt out bulb, the other has very hard to remove black marks, and they are shipped in a cardboard box with no padding. I buy a cradle for my Sony Clie organizer... the cradle drains the battery completely if you leave it on the cradle for more than an hour. And now, I buy a cellphone for not that much less than it retails for in the store, and it comes to me with a broken antenna, gets service absolutely nowhere, and comes with a manual for a completely different phone (also listed as new, in mint condition). To top it all off, I have to pay customs charges on the phone myself for some stupid reason, another thing which the seller failed to mention.

eBay can suck my left testicle.

That is all.
torontotrance
Never had a problem with Ebay, only bought 3 things from it but still never had a problem
Electronicapo1
I've bought alot through ebay, never once been less then satisfied with my purchase. The only thing I can recommend to make your ebay experience go smooth is just keep checking the sellers user rating, make sure they are reliable. Bout all you can do.
mentalbarter
thats cos u dont know what good condition means

mint
excellent
very good
good

4th on the list, pretty much means not that good
caddyshack
why would you buy headlights off ebay anyway, or a cell phone??
LinX
lol i was just thinkin the same thing
smokeape
Couldn't think of much I'd want to buy on eBay with all the hassle. While you're on the internet you can probably find new stuff with warranty at cheapest prices anyhow.
BTW, headlights are normally something you buy at Wal-Mart or K-Mart.

;)
[[[smoke]]]

Benassi-Hit My Heart
da_MynDLesS_one
quote:
Originally posted by caddyshack
why would you buy headlights off ebay anyway, or a cell phone??

Well my car is e and only a couple years away from breaking down completely, so I didn't want to waste a whole lotta cash on a brand new pair just because one of them was cracked. And for the phone, I am 6 months away from my contract expiration with my service provider and I figure I'll get a good new phone then, but for the next 6 months I don't wanna be stuck with my current POS phone.

Plus, both auctions *seemed* like good deals :mad:
smokeape
But you're paying for an ISP which costs more than the headlights.
Don't give me that...

:p
[[[smoke]]]

Jewel - Intuition (Gabriel & Dresden Lo-Tek Mix)
Azz3D
It's not ebay, It's the idiot people who sell it to you.

da_MynDLesS_one
quote:
Originally posted by smokeape
But you're paying for an ISP which costs more than the headlights.
Don't give me that...

:p
[[[smoke]]]

Jewel - Intuition (Gabriel & Dresden Lo-Tek Mix)

I consider the ISP a write-off :P
mndeg
ive bought 2 technics m3d and one technics mk5
one m3d had a screw on the stylus that was stuck making it trail to the right
one mk5 did same as above

wtf??????????
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement