return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

symptoms of trance
View this Thread in Original format
Animbus
Something about bpm on one of the other threads got me to thinking.
Is there an empathy between the heartbeat and trance?
(Double your "active" heartbeat approximately, and does it match the tempo of the music you love?)
Is that why it seems so uplifting?
Does your body play along with the ride - waiting for the beat to kick back in, getting that rush because it felt like you were holding your breath or stopping your heart? (And you probably were holding your breath - go on!)
It may not be true about the heartbeat keeping pace - but to me, psychologically, the resultant endorphin from releasing that breath may be part of what gives it the "feel-goods". :)

I guess this topic may have been mentioned before, but not recently for the brief time I've been here. (So forgive me if I'm trampling over previous territory...)

Physical symptoms of trance... Mass induced euphoria (like mass induced hysteria only better ;) ) - talking without "chemical assistance" - which I believe is only supposed to heighten the emotional state you are already in..

Does the movin' around release some of those happy little endorphins?
I guess that would be a yes..
Hey, well it's 4 a.m. and I'm in a wafflin' frame of mind.. Yay New Zealand time zone!

What other physical symptoms of trance are there? (Aside from the "supplements" for some, that is!)
For example, is there a natural "down" time that follows?
DarkAngel
That's the most insane thing I've ever heard...but you never know...
jparknyc
physical symptoms of trance...well, not sure if this qualifies but i used to do alot of candy, or ecstacy, when i went out partying...I started to notice that whenever i was planning or about to go clubbing or to a party, i would start to dry heave heavily...dry heave = when your trying to throw up/puke and nothing comes out...so, whenever i would go out and i knew i was going to drop, then i would start to dry heave...before i even popped the pill, waiting on line, dry heaving, waiting to pay the cover, dry heave, waiting on line for the bathroom, dry heave...as time went on and months passed by, this problem persisted...now i rarely drop..last time, over a year and a half...but till this day, if i start to get excited and anticipate something immensely, i'll start to dry heave, even though im not dropping or anticipating on dropping...strange,right?...its as though my body is now conditioned to respond accordingly whenever i get excited about something...crazy...
smokeape
Know how you feel. I get the same feeling on my home from work.

;)
[[[smoke]]]

Fafa Montec ft Fabrice - Magnificent
jparknyc
quote:
Originally posted by smokeape
Know how you feel. I get the same feeling on my home from work.

Tell me about it. I will be totally fine at work all day, but as soon as I hope in the car to go home and I know i'm going to smoke a bowl when i get there, I start dry heaving like a bitch in the car...starts off with a few small heaves, then several larger ones hit me...damn...but once i'm home, and i smoke a bowl, im back to normal...talk about your preconditioned responses...
getfoul
i just won a staring contest with your avatar.
feeltheflow
when ur dancing in a club ur average heart rate is between 110-135 beats a minute depending on how much endorphins, etc are flowing through your body and the average beat of trance music is between 130-140bpm so there are many moments throughout the night where your heart rate temporarily matches with the beat of the music when the beat drops and that releases a natural rush of seretonin..

hi everybody im new here btw :)
jparknyc
quote:
Originally posted by feeltheflow
when ur dancing in a club ur average heart rate is between 110-135 beats a minute depending on how much endorphins, etc are flowing through your body and the average beat of trance music is between 130-140bpm so there are many moments throughout the night where your heart rate temporarily matches with the beat of the music when the beat drops and that releases a natural rush of seretonin..

hi everybody im new here btw :)

hiya...nice to have yah here...and a nice insightful yet concise post...too bad almost everyone on this forum knows the experience already feeltheflow...but well articulated nonetheless...:D
Dj Dovla
this is trippy ... before i read this post , it happend to me today .. I was laying down on my couch watching MTV award on mute and had markus @ Global DJ Broadcast (06-07-2004) Essentials on blasting through the appt ..

and I unconsciously put my right hand on my chest and could feel my heart beat and then I realized it was perfectly matching the beat from the song playing at that moment .. I was so amazed ..

:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D
khemfusion
Although not the heartbeat, trance music (especially psytrance) uses a frequency similar to theta waves in many many songs, I didn't notice it before until I heard a psytrance producer talking about it, but IT'S EVERYWHERE IN TRANCE MUSIC.

I'm referring to the da-di-dada-da-di-dada kind of sound, the oscillating sound you can hear so much in dance music. Scientists have found when the brain is exposed to a frequency it tries to match that frequency, kind of like if you hit a tuning fork near a string instruments, the same frequency strings will vibrate along with the tuning fork. Dance musics frequency is most similar to theta waves, which in the brain occur mostly in dreamlike states. :eyes: Besides just synthesizers this can also be created with drums, tribal style, which is what the ORIGINAL raves were all about, dancing around a fire to the beat of a drum to induce trance like states. Although the shamans would partake in some mind bending substances as well ;)

And I'm not a nutter, just read up on theta waves and then listen to some trance songs and pay attention to the back oscillation sounds (don't know the correct name for them) I've included a sample from "Kai Tracid - Bad Shape" to illustrate my point

http://www3.telus.net/battle/kt-bad-shape-sample.mp3

Animbus
Cool - Thanks khemfusion!
Did a brief search on Thetawaves and trance, and it looks like there's a fair bit of info out there.
Still wondering if there's also a natural "downtime" after a major night out - not drug related. (if any one can tell me!) :)

hi feeltheflow - welcome. :)

Congrats for winning the first stage, getfoul..
Now for the second...

:cool:
Cloudburst
quote:
Originally posted by Animbus

:cool:

are those eyes giving me the eye? :conf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement