return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

What programs do you suggest?
View this Thread in Original format
Mortyman
Okay, so here's what I need, just a few though.

1. What program would best let me record my sets from my mixer, right to my computer. I use Audacity now, and it works okay, but can't get the frequencies to sound that good. I find it sounds better when I record to my Minidisc player, then record it to my computer. So I need a program that will cut out my minidisc process, with good sound quality

2. I need the best program to transform my Wave files to MP3 files.

3. I need the best program to for people to download music from me. Basically, I want to put up some of my sets here on TA for everyone to listen to, but not sure the quickest way for everyone to download them so it doesn't take a million years to complete.

Can anyone help me on any of these? please.
tranceaddikt143
TA does not support filesharing :wtf:

just kidding
2) search google for a .wav --> .mp3 converter, i'm sure you'll find one to use on a limited trial basis
3) upload your set to a public hub or your server if you have don't have a lot of bandwidth restrictions
trak_one
There's a brand new device by Xitel. It's call the INPort. It's basically a small box with an RCA connection on one end (that plug's right into your mixer) and a USB connection on the other. It comes with the software to record a set and then split it into tracks. If your computer has Windows Media Player on it then it automatically transfers the music into files you can burn to CD.

The only reason I'm telling you this is because I just used it to record a few cd's. It only costs about $75.00 dollars and it's deffinately worth the price. To but it just try going to Xitel's home page.

Hope this help's
mezzir
I just use CoolEditPro
set the recording input to the line in (which i have my mixer plugged into) and then hit record and start goin. and for splitting it into tracks, either use coolEdit or just make a cue sheet as i burn
cooledit rocks :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement