return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Ebay
View this Thread in Original format
dinoXpress
Ok, ive nearly bid on many things and this is prolly a questions on many virgin bidders minds especially with DJ equipment.

How do i win the bid?

whats the best way to win auctions and get the good before all the other fools. of course, youll say, bid the highest, but there must be some sneaky teqniques that work.

what have you all done?
ESMdjm600
im kinda in the same boat as u.... i hope we get some cool answers
`pr0digy
Set a high bid on ~5 or more differant auctions.

Wait until you win them.

Pick the lowest price ;)
Vlad
Firstly, do not buy from newbie sellers (people with less than 25 feedback). Second, do not bother with sellers that have less than 95% positive feedback. Thirdly, dont be afraid to ask for more pics than they show on eBay, if they show any at all which brings me to point 4. Forth, dont buy any kind of equipment if the person doesnt have any pictures of it no matter what they say.

As for winning the bid... there really is only 1 technique to use... bid at the last second. Place your bid for the item when there is like 3-5 seconds left.
Shudder
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Place your bid for the item when there is like 3-5 seconds left.

i was gonna do that for an item then realized i didnt have the money... good thing i didnt :D
404 Science
quote:
Originally posted by `pr0digy

Wait until you win them.

Pick the lowest price ;)

ya cept that means that you arent paying for some... generally on ebay if you win an auction you SHOULD pay up.. the worst thing for sellers is people who dont pay up...
opianstate
quote:
Originally posted by 404 Science
the worst thing for sellers is people who dont pay up...

No kidding . . . I've had some idiots do this to me as a seller . . . you have to go through so much trouble with Ebay, its such a pain in the ass. You have to report them, restart the auction, prove they didn't pay, try to resolve the issue, request a credit, blah, blah, blah, though not so much in that order. Take it seriously.
Floorfiller
yeah bidding and then not paying for you win is pretty ed up...so don't be an and do that.

as far as winning auctions.

when trying to find records...type in different common mispellings as well as the correct spellings...sometimes you get lucky and some jackass just mislabelled it so no one else gets that search result.

also...it helps if you know what records are worth paying for. sometimes you see records on there go for a load when you can get them other places cheaper. sometimes you see good records that obviously no one else seems to know about and those are the good buys.

when bidding, i would suggest search for your record and then just put it in your watch list. then come back towards the end of the auction and see if anyone else is interested in the record. that way you can have an idea if you're gonna have to outbid someone or not.

a lot of times you'll see people bid on records really early on too. i do that sometimes if its a semi-popular record just to show people you're interested in it. when i'm searching for records if i find two that i want, but one already has someone bidding on it...i'll probably just take the other (unless its really good or rare hehee) simply because it'll be cheaper.

anyway, those are some things to consider when looking on ebay.
Blithe
Always bid slightly higher than the target price you're going for. like, say you're willing to pay $5 for that sweet sock-puppet you just HAD to have. Instead of bidding an even 5, bid $5.50. That way, when the next clown comes along and bids 5, you're outbid them to 5.50, and it'll look like you have an even higher limit under that, which'll probably scare them off at that point.
Dirk W.
quote:
Originally posted by `pr0digy
Wait until you win them.
Pick the lowest price ;)

Prodigy, theres a lot of things i agree with that you say, this ain't one of them. As an ebay seller, those piece of no payers are the worst. Its quite simple...

First, know how much money you have.
Second, know your limit for spending.
Third, bid at the end, not the beginning. There is no point in raising the price when there is still 9 days left of auction.

I could go over everything, but Floorfiller gave you quite an extensive overview of exactly what to do. Just don't screw over the seller. It costs them money everytime you want to "shop around".

djtrinity
@ this point with ebay i just put the most i am willing to spend in...forget the last second and all that crap....if i win i win if i loose i loose....i think ebay is great...i've had no problems on there

knock on woood!!!!
Freak
I make a lot of money selling on ebay
I also buy a lot of stuff- and have NEVER lost an acution.

1- set your max price and stick to it.
2- Watch it carefully
research the price- search for similar items and completed items to give idea of value
3- Bid at the last second (depends on your connection). In on a super fast broadband, so i can hit bid with 5 seconds left and win it. ON slower connections might have ot leave like 20 seconds or so.

Have fun
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement