return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
internet explorer help
View this Thread in Original format
butterfly
today i havent been able to open new windows in explorer when i click on links. for example, if i want to view someones profile on TA, it opens up a new window but doesnt go anywhere. or if someone posts a link, i click on it and it opens up a new window with no address in it. does anyone know what setting i should change to fix this? i cant play my flash games!
enferno
download Mozilla FireFox ;)
DJ JEM
you might have a virus or spyware.

try downloading ad-aware to search for it :)
Orbax
lol i love how everyones first answer is a virus.

Its the "You cant follow links virus!"

run for the hills!!!

You might try disabling the property of opening links in a new window and make sure it follows them in a single one. Then reset it by enabling it again.
butterfly
yeah by the way, this is a work computer so i am really restricted in being able to download software (meaning i am not allowed to and they will reimage my computer if they find unauthorized software...)
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax

You might try disabling the property of opening links in a new window and make sure it follows them in a single one. Then reset it by enabling it again.

i cant find the option to enable links. (i looked in the advanced tab in internet options)
Spad
I used to have a popup killer that didn't surpress the popup, it just made the window blank. And some popup killers block new IE windows by mistake.

Maybe they installed one at your work, or modified the firewall settings and acheived a similar effect.
ASOT100
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly
yeah by the way, this is a work computer so i am really restricted in being able to download software (meaning i am not allowed to and they will reimage my computer if they find unauthorized software...)

tell them they're retards if they don't let you use a browser other than IE
Orbax
igottaknow
sounds like she got some poopup blocker

Orbax
if its due to software its most likely the douches in sysadmin hehe
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
if its due to software its most likely the douches in sysadmin hehe

i tried unchecking that box but that didnt work... i'll try calling and bitching at the helpdesk. hopefully the admins didnt do something stupid that prevents me from playing flash games.... i just need to find some company sites that opens windows in a new page....
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement