return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Emails to MPAA and RIAA =DD
View this Thread in Original format
RenderedDream
Hum, i decided to check out the reaction from RIAA and MPAA and sent the following emails:

MPAA

quote:

Illegal movie downloading

Hello!
I'm a new internet user and i've heard a lot about movie downloads lately and people say it's free.
I've asked some more info and my friends told me that i could use some P2P software.
Since i don't know much about these things and MPAA is the representant of movie studios, i thought that you could help me out.
So, what P2P software you think i should use? My friends told me that Kazaa was very known..is it good? What's your recommendation?
It's a bit urgent cause i don't want to waste precious time of downloading.
Thanks for the help.

RIAA

quote:

Illegal CD sales

Hello!
At a very big concert, a man sold me 7 albums for about 2 € each and they were only cheap CD-R's.
The problem is that the CD-R's are defective and can't play on my system and it's very frustrating so i'm planning to suit the man who sold me the albums.
Since RIAA is the association of music companies, you're certainly the most informated. I'd like to know if you can tip me some information regarding the possible suit and what are my chances since i don't want to spend a lot of money on lawyers.
Thanks in advance.

Do you guys think they'll answer me?
Absolut_Vodka
whats up?
EyesOfExtasy
Well, the first thing I have wondered is now that they have made it available so that you can pay to download songs online how can these agencies verify whether you actually paid for the song, or just downloaded it in a file sharing program before they wrongfully accuse you of piracy?
xKaoSx
quote:
Originally posted by EyesOfExtasy
Well, the first thing I have wondered is now that they have made it available so that you can pay to download songs online how can these agencies verify whether you actually paid for the song, or just downloaded it in a file sharing program before they wrongfully accuse you of piracy?

I believe there is actually something encoded in the header of the mp3
jparknyc
quote:
Originally posted by RenderedDream
Hum, i decided to check out the reaction from RIAA and MPAA and sent the following emails:

MPAA

RIAA

Do you guys think they'll answer me?

hmm..they might respond, but becareful, as you will be put on their "hit-list"...meaning, your ip possibly will be monitored, even tho you sent emails...i'd becareful now that you singled yourself out...:D

they are and have been tracking users sharing more than 500 files for prosecuting, therefore, your definitely gonna ruffle some feathers...
RenderedDream
nah, i don't download from mainstream
btw, did they sue anybody that was not from the US ?
tribu
I think a few others countries have broguht some minor charges, just to satisfy the US. And yes, several trance artists and songs are under RIAA protection becasue of licensing and other issuses. I have ever seen a list of such songs...maybe its time to compile one...
Stephenox
Haha, you have a sense of humor, man, but don't overpush your luck. ;-)

Yes, I believe some trance tracks are under RIAA protection, but many aren't... I don't think the vinyl-only releases under most European labels would be under the RIAA, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Falcon-X
quote:
Originally posted by Stephenox
Haha, you have a sense of humor, man, but don't overpush your luck. ;-)

Yes, I believe some trance tracks are under RIAA protection, but many aren't... I don't think the vinyl-only releases under most European labels would be under the RIAA, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Blackhole is in it
Stephenox
quote:
Originally posted by Falcon-X
Blackhole is in it

Uh oh. =\

EyesOfExtasy
quote:
Originally posted by xKaoSx
I believe there is actually something encoded in the header of the mp3

If so, then cant people just encode that themselves so they overlook you.

Also I figurea the RIAA wouldnt bother with much trance since its all from overseas, but I would like to get a look at that list.
davinox
i like to joke with airport security guards.

"Do you have any weapons?"

"Not this time, man."
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement