return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
psychologically disturbing what if question?
View this Thread in Original format
Trancer85
What if one's head was locked into the same position forcing them to stare into the same blank white wall everyday since birth till an adult age, without any interractions with the real world and blocked from any human communications.

Of course the person will be given enough light, food, sleep, exercise from being able to move their body except their head.

Then what if he or she was suddenly released into the world? I wonder how the reaction would be? It's a torture just thinking about it, but i wonder sometimes how this would psychologically change this person?
twisted420
it would torture me knowing how i had been the whole part of my life and what i would have missed.

i hate like this..makes me feel worse than i already am...but then at least i know i could be worse off..

im listening to daft punk - voyager and usually it would make me feel happy, but now i just feel depressed
Akridrot
That brought up some extremely complex ideas into my head. I don't think that the person would do well, since there's no human communication in any way, unless he/she yells during all those years or tries to talk and ask for help (i bet you didn't consider that), the person would probably be retarded,and if the person was not allowed to see anything but the white wall, then I think the sudden burst of activity would damage them, or would be too overwhelming for them to handle and they wouldn't be able to stand it...
Vivid Boy
TTA seems to be coping well with it
twisted420
quote:
Originally posted by Akridrot
That brought up some extremely complex ideas into my head. I don't think that the person would do well, since there's no human communication in any way, unless he/she yells during all those years or tries to talk and ask for help (i bet you didn't consider that), the person would probably be retarded,and if the person was not allowed to see anything but the white wall, then I think the sudden burst of activity would damage them, or would be too overwhelming for them to handle and they wouldn't be able to stand it...

i guess it depends who is disabled like that..they would definatly be han...

christ.........youd be a peice of meat..its just kinda ed up to think about..it reminds me of torture .
Orbax
quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy

lol

they actually did this experiment already :D

or something close to

they took kittens and raised them in a cylinder of black and white vertical stripes. after they grew up their brains werent able to detect horizontal patterns.

They hooked electrodes into their brains and when a vertical stripe went by their brain would basically buzz and say it saw it. The horizontal stripes produced 0 effect in the eyes or occipital lobe.
Trancer85
quote:
Originally posted by Akridrot

I had those in mind. But maybe the person wont even realize what help is. What if the person just believes this is the way life is?

and if he or she gets released, i also think the shock would be to great for them to handle.
Streakfury
quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy

:stongue:

Ah, bless.
Spad
That's a bit like my worst fear :D

Being dropped into a vertical tube the same width as my shoulders.

:nervous:
Trancer85
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
lol

they actually did this experiment already :D

or something close to

they took kittens and raised them in a cylinder of black and white vertical stripes. after they grew up their brains werent able to detect horizontal patterns.

They hooked electrodes into their brains and when a vertical stripe went by their brain would basically buzz and say it saw it. The horizontal stripes produced 0 effect in the eyes or occipital lobe.

meaning the kittens werent able to adapt to the environment of the actual world and live their 9 lives normally?

hmmm, that's odd. i mean how can you not see it?? it's right there!

Orbax
lol they put them in the tubes before their eyes opened. So the brain never formed to that pattern. Thats why they always tell parents to stimulate children as much as possible(except sexually or chemically :D ) because the brain solidifies into awareness quickly, and the more the merrier et cetera.
_-MIl0
well that brings up another question. what the are we not seeing, maby theirs a load of shapes and going on in our world that have only showed up recently or that were only exposed to after a certing age that we simply do not see becoues were not used to the shape. This is getting ed up.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement