return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Isn't anyone excited about Paul Oakenfold in detroit?
View this Thread in Original format
MrChrome
Paul Oakenfold, State Theatre, Detroit, this friday (july 16th). Tickets are $20 ticketmaster, and with fees come out to about $26.50

I saw him i think it was 2 years ago at state theatre and he was amazing. He did play with his band for a while though. Anyone know if he is going to do that this time?

Anyone going?
lücid
Paul Oakenfold has a band? :stongue:

his show here in Milwaukee was killer. hopefully he will do the same for Detroit.
TheVrk
the only reason i'm not going is that its @ state
theatre.... he'll likely be too commercial like the
last time he was there....

if he was @ bleu or another club, like when i saw him
at the guverment in T.O., i'd see him for sure...

he IS getting back to his roots tho, so it may be worth it,
but i honestly doubt it....
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by lücid
Paul Oakenfold has a band? :stongue:

his show here in Milwaukee was killer. hopefully he will do the same for Detroit.

when he did his tour for bunkka he brought a band along to help out. he also did a dj set.
MrChrome
quote:
Originally posted by jonze234
when he did his tour for bunkka he brought a band along to help out. he also did a dj set.

Any idea if he will have the band this time?
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by MrChrome
Any idea if he will have the band this time?

i doubt it, i think that was a one time deal.
dubblies
Djarecebo and I,along with "roach," and whoever else, will be there. I've heard he's been playing a lot more classics recently. I got these songs from a friend on TA from a previous show, but I would love to hear Southern Sun (AGAIN!!). Tiesto played it last year when he came to Bleu and the club just went nuts!

U2 - Beautiful Day (remix)
Paul Oakenfold – Southern Sun
DJ Tiesto - Traffic
Coldplay - Clocks (remix)
Wonky vs. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Wonky's Feel The Rush Remix)

I hope you all turn out for this one, the last time I went to the State Theater for a show it was Gatecrasher and there were about 40 people there tops. Just go, what else are you doing tonight?

Record Time in Ferndale will be selling tickets until 9PM or until they sell out. $25 (No extra fees).
MrChrome
quote:
Originally posted by dubblies
I hope you all turn out for this one, the last time I went to the State Theater for a show it was Gatecrasher and there were about 40 people there tops. Just go, what else are you doing tonight?

Record Time in Ferndale will be selling tickets until 9PM or until they sell out. $25 (No extra fees).

I'll be there for sure. Just by chance, was that gatecrasher show scott bond?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement