return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
I need some info regarding drugs
View this Thread in Original format
DJ_Bod
Back story:
OK, so my cousin was supposed to go to a concert this weekend somewhere in Indiana (He lives in Michigan). Well, they found him somewhere in Ohio (south of Cleveland, I believe) walking around talking to trees, and fading in and out of conciousness. He voluntarily got into a police cruiser and they took him to the hospital becasue he showed the symptoms of ODing. Whatever he took really screwed with his head. He has been committed to a psychiatric hospital, and he is, basically, crazy now.

Now my question:
What would make him lose his mind like that? All the tox report showed was marijuana in his system, but I've done that enough to know that it doesn't make you crazy. I think he used to dip his joints in formaldehyde to get him higher... could that do it?

The thing that's throwing me for a loop is that only pot showed up on the tox report, it makes me think that it was something natural that he took, but I have no idea. Please help, because he has no clue what happened, and my family would like a little more info.

PS- sorry for the long read
Spad
www.erowid.org

quote:
(on pot)
* can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders

Obviously this is rare. I suggest you read up, the site is very respectable :)
kid nyce
formaldehyde is called a "dippie" or "dust" on the streets. basically it gives you a drifting in and out of consciousness depending on the amount he has inhaled. the talking to tree's part i dont believe is an effect of smoking a dippie/dust. my best conclusion is that there are alot of substitutes people use on the streets to give off the "dippie" sale. most formaldehyde sellers know that people want to "smell" the liquid prior to having their cigarette or joint dipped. often there are plenty of different substances which give the same chemical scent and but effect you differently. There could be a possible use of lsd/mushrooms to explain the talking to trees. lsd will indefinitely show up on a tox report, mushrooms im not so sure if it will, being that you are poisioning yourself.

i'd check with erowid and other street dealers who you are acquainted with. i believe there was these poisonous plant leaves that people were smoking which gave a larger scale of effect than lsd/mushrooms. I'm not quite sure what the name was, but I believe it started with an "s" - i can be mistaken. good luck man, and sorry about your friend.
rabbitjoker
Illicit drugs are not the only thing that can trigger psychotic episodes.

If pot is the only thing that showed up on the tox report than I'd suggest this was something that was inside his head for quite a while and just recently manifested itself.

The signs of "od'ing" could very well just be a result of exposure and dehydration.
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by rabbitjoker
Illicit drugs are not the only thing that can trigger psychotic episodes.

If pot is the only thing that showed up on the tox report than I'd suggest this was something that was inside his head for quite a while and just recently manifested itself.

The signs of "od'ing" could very well just be a result of exposure and dehydration.

that doesn't usually happen overnight. He would have been showing signs previously. Something triggered it, everyone reacts to substances differently. Thats why they always have to stupid warnings when advertising drugs....

it sucks
Slylee
screw all that psychodelic bull...way too risky.

if you're gonna do drugs, do the stuff that you know the effects of...stuff that is common knowledg. just stick to coke, weed and "e":happy2:
{b.s.e.}
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
screw all that psychodelic bull...way too risky.

if you're gonna do drugs, do the stuff that you know the effects of...stuff that is common knowledg. just stick to coke, weed and "e":happy2:

don't forget your K, acid, mushrooms and mdma :disbelief
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Bod

The thing that's throwing me for a loop is that only pot showed up on the tox report, it makes me think that it was something natural that he took, but I have no idea.

I won’t get into details because I get creeped out reliving what happened...but I recently had to deal w/ someone who OD’d on herbal "e". or something like that. it was one of those legal herbal drugs. the person had already taken 3 rolls that night and drank A LOT of alcohol. It was the scariest I’ve ever gone through. They were acting like a ing crazy person in a mental institution. they couldn't even form sentences or speak the english language. This person is not depressed or anything like that either..so it wasn’t like this deep routed stuff surfaced. They are fine now and we laugh about it, but still, that day was nerve wracking. That stuff is very dangerous. It’s very possible that your cousin took something of that nature and it just didn’t settle right with his brain.

very sad story and i'm really sorry to hear that. stories like this just really freak me out. it's weird how someone totally normal can just snap like that after taking some drugs.

i'll tell you something though, i seriously doubt only weed did that...
Mr. Pink
Coulda been shrooms....

i remember doing shrooms and i go completely insane.

I still feel that the shrooms ed with my head a lot.... occassionally I'll randomly see . But then again- seeing a midget dancing isn't too scary....it's when I see some messed up thing in the dark that freaks me out.

but hope your cuz gets better :(
{b.s.e.}
quote:

Originally posted by Hunter S. Thompson
A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip.

Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by {b.s.e.}
don't forget your K, acid, mushrooms and mdma :disbelief

no, no, no, and...no:p

i'm sick of "e"...it screws up your body's natural composition...i mean of course all drugs do that...but the whole seratonin thing is dangerous. i did it way too much and it's just time to stop.

after a night of "e"..the following week (or even more than that sometimes) i just don't feel right...sorta down in the dumps..i hate that feeling.

and shrooms aren't fun for me either. i'm not a fan of stuff that severely distorts reality. i'm fine w/ mine.
{b.s.e.}
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee

and shrooms aren't fun for me either. i'm not a fan of stuff that severely distorts reality. i'm fine w/ mine.

a mushroom trip is hardly a distortion of reality. rather, your perception of your own reality is changed, the rest stays the same.

but then again, some people don't want/need to look outside the walls. ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement